What is going on with Cubase 7?

When those who say they have serious “bugs” that have needed fixing for “so long” (and in the WRONG part of the forum) actually give some of their own system details so they have something to go on. :unamused:
It’s a General user forum and if you KNOW none of the users can give any useful input here (because they aren’t programmers) then why post here ? Here you get confirmations and non-confirmations but no real conclusions mostly. I know looking for answers can be VERY frustrating and take some time. Looking in the right place can save you some bother.
You report bugs in the ISSUES forum. Those with “no bugs” (but there must be some) but who try and help because we’re USERS and it’s a user self-help type forum in the GENERAL section, won’t be there unless we do.
It would save a lot of manual chewing. :mrgreen:

• Since Cubase 7 was released on December 5, 2012:
  • The app is released with nonfunctional features.
  • The updates don’t address these problems and stay unresolved for months/years.
  • Users who don’t pay an additional $50 are orphaned from future updates and left with a broken app.
  • In addition to adding some useful features, said update breaks even more features.
  • Users who don’t shell out an additional $250+ will be orphaned from future updates and left with a broken app.

If Steinberg never completely addresses the problems, here are your options as a user:

• a. Accept your incomplete software.
    b. Switch DAWs
    c. Continue paying them $ in the hopes that they will address the issues with future updates.

The reason that this discussion exists is because it’s clear that Steinberg’s attitude is one that leaves the majority of user submitted bug reports and feature-requests ignored.

They’re not pro-actively trying to improve the application. They’re trying to string you along until their next opportunity to get more $ from you.

It’s tolerable at best to the uninitiated, but very frustrating as a long time user; as we’ve seen the pattern in their business practices.

In short, Steinberg should be:

That’s what this discussion is about. I urge any user who is unhappy with these practices to voice their opinion and brainstorm about our recourse as a userbase.

We are not talking about system depended bugs here. We are talking about bugs/poor programming. They are confirmed and categorized by steinberg. Yet after 1.5 years they are still not fixed.

I am voicing an opinion and while it may be at odds with a minority of users, there are other options including using 6.5 on Windows 7, which seems to be the preferred option (besides of course Mac).

I am happy with my money spent because:

a) I do not use key commands

and

b) I have no use for the control room.

If you need either of the above features, it is recommended to update to 7.5 as it is still currently in development and shows no signs of slowing down in terms of bug fixes and feature improvements.

Just read, the Known Issues documents.
What does that tell you? Are they really fixing all things before leaving a version behind?

If they are Known Issues, they are supposed to work better/differently, or just plain work as advertised. Shouldn’t it?

a) I use Key Commands.

b) I have use of the Control Room (albeit I use the C6.5 one - for a reason).

So when I discuss those features, you will not interfere? A promise?

Lol, if ‘sycophant’ is who I think he is, he is a serial pest. If he is not who I think he is, he is still a bit of a pest :wink:.

Mauri.

Just read, the Known Issues documents.
What does that tell you? Are they really fixing all things before leaving a version behind?

So tell me the name of ANY software that does NOT have known issues? Anyone that knows anything about computers would tell you that that’s not really any new news at all.
What “known issues” do we ALL have? Can’t blame it ALL on the software. Just the high horse. The bug is that sometimes one falls off. :mrgreen: You can’t blame the horse for being too big for one’s ass. :laughing:

You didn’t answer my question. You said that they would “finish” a version before or after “moving on” (paraphrased). I’m asking you if there is an update coming for version 7.X but lower than the paid-for 7.5. If there is, then when? If there is not, then you are wrong.

Are we now trying to spread the myth that one HAS to spend money to get bugs fixed?
What a stupid notion when there’s other products out there that do the job just as well and cheaper. They might not be able to do that thing that Cubase does with a few hundred tracks, variaudio on all and reverb sends on every track (which is where one found that bug in the tempo line, yes I am joking a bit).
Thus, not having the function, they also have the luxury of not having the bug.
I mean copious laughter aside. It’s not as though there’s anyone amateur enough to spend hours here complaining about a minor bug is there? :mrgreen:

You get a company to do things by NOT throwing your money at it. The words “DUH! WE Gotta upgrade so here’s all da munny I have in der woild.” is absolute music to their wallets. They will sit there and do nothing until you get your next paycheck. Wouldn’t YOU?!
Oh, you do huh… :laughing: Yeah join the club. Why work for easy money.

7.0.7 is the moral equivalent of the previous 6.0.7.

Obviously the business and development model has changed in recent times to encompass much asked for feature requests.

The mixer now works as expected, so is therefore feature complete.

If you want professional features such as Key Commands and the Control Room, then you need to upgrade to 7.5.

You’re trolling, right? It’s not funny.

Read my other posts.

7.5 is still in development, until then the jury is out.

We are talking about pre-existing features that used to work that were then changed for version 7. If your answer is that to get those to work properly again then one has to buy 7.5 you are contradicting yourself.

In case no one noticed, the Mixer changed irreversibly in version 7.

Sure there were problems along the way but for the most part they are resolved.

As for working properly, things have changed far to much to compare with past versions so I recommend updating to the latest version to enable a more seamless and streamlined experience.

That doesn’t change the fact that you contradicted yourself.

Why can’t you just be content by saying you like Cubase? Is there really a need to make statements that aren’t even true?

I like Cubase 7 because it is a great compsitional and musical tool that allows me to work in stable environment with Windows 8.1 64 bit and Echo PCI hardware, which supports Microsoft and Steinberg standards using VST 2.4 plugins receiving regular updates, UAD, Native Instruments and Toontrack; it is a formidable combination on a relatively low powered (but up-to-date system) that is built on AMD APU (FM2) technology.

With a UEFI based motherboard and GPT system disk, I can load samples from old SATA disks without worry.

Does that cut it?

Did you hurt your self in the fall?

The point was that someone claimed that Steinberg always fixed the bugs and issues in one version, before they are ending the cycle and moving on. Which is simply not true.
Of corse I know all software has some quirks and issues (no, no news there), but that’s not what we were discussing. And I’m sure sycophant can answer for himself, even if he still stand on his claims.

Anyone that knows anything about anything… nice try :wink:

How is it not true that SB always fix bugs in one version before proceeding to another.

If you take into account Buchanans’ claim, then sure some unfixed bugs are left behind but I can’t see where (or when) something has been left in a totally unusuable state before a new version was released.

anyone needs a lawyer ? I guess there are some on the forum.
But I think it is time for you guys to look for one, since the discussion is going nowhere imho.

It reminds me to a fact that has really happened. A guy was so mad at his computer he threw it out of his window of his appartment one day. The machine was not working anymore. When i asked if he was sattisfied about it he said yes. It felt good and he needed to do that.
I think he was right. For some reason it was necessary for him, because he was too much focussed on the bad things, that it actually had to die to get rid of the negative spiral he was in. And he bougth a new machine a few days later. And his anger was over and everything went back to where it should be focussed on.
Was the new machine flawless. Sure not. But the momentum gave an end to the downward spiral.

So now you know what to do. And I can advise you to throw it out of the window at least from the second floor to be sure you will never ever see it in working order again.

But to stay on topic: what is going on with cubase… the latest release is awesome!
:stuck_out_tongue:

Always hurts when I fall. :mrgreen: But if one waits a few minutes and looks at posts and reviews for new Cubase, ProTools, Reaper etc versions then one would see bugs and “non-fixes” before one bought the product.
Trouble here is everyone buys on the first hour the new version is on sale. Because they are “forced to” apparently. :unamused:
Hm. Buy a car with two wheels and then one is “forced” to buy the mark2 version with three wheels… Doesn’t make too much sense to me. Not when there’s apparently lots of other cars with four wheels. Maybe one buys the "mark 2 " version to put on the mantelpiece for visitors to admire. :mrgreen:
I’m represented Hackinabush, Flywheel and Dud. If you thought I needed a lawyer. Yep. I do. :mrgreen:
I don’t answer for sycophant. I answer for common sense.