Cubasis vs Auria

If you are using it for a live situation , as far as the mixers go, Auria is a clear winner for me, the full version that is as I do not have the le version. That is if you don’t need more than 48 tracks as that is the limit for Auria. Cubasis is unlimited depending on the ipad you have.
As far as the mixer goes Auria has 8 addition subgroup faders so you can send how even many drum mics to one fader. You can also using the ipad in portrait mode in Auria and have full 100 mm faders for more detail.
If you are using Auria LE you are missing a Lot of features that the full version has, I’d strongly recommend getting the full version at some point.
At this point I think Auria is a lot closer to a full on desktop Daw as far as the audio recording part and plugins.
In the long run you are going to spend a lot more on Auria if you decide to get some of the available 3rd party plugins. Some are really pricey to be honest. I’ve spent an addition $50 on plugins, 2 of the ones I bought were $20 each. Some that I haven’t purchased are more, some less. Anyway to blow it out you’d spend a lot more than what Cubasis cost.
Auria also has snap shots for each song so you can have a ton of saved settings that way. It also already has automation. It’s developer is promising a big update in the near future, including midi sequencing as an in app purchase. The lack of midi is the reason I bought Cubadis.

As far s Cubasis goes, I’m very pleased I got it, because for what it does on the midi side, it’s been extremely productive for sequencing and putting down quick ideas. Both apps have audiobus and inter app audio, but having things stay midi until you need to bounce a mix down and being able to edit midi notes is a beautiful thing.
As far as the virtual instrument in Cubasis, they range from not great to great, an some in the middle.
I find Cubasis to be very fast when putting together a song via midi and I kinda use it more at this point for that because not only can I do something fast and have it sound pretty good, the fact that it’s midi saves a ton of Ipad space. At to the moment I don’t have a lot of space, I’m on a 16 gig ipad 2. If I were on a 64 gig or 128 gig I’d probably use them equally.
As far as the whole Cubasis vs Auria question, at the end of of the day if it’s doable I’d say get Cubasis ANd Auria.