How Do You Guys Align a Microphone Signal to a DI one?

Right. But that’s not what I mean. I obviously don’t expect Cubase to know the distance I place my mics from each other, or from a Direct Inject signal. However, I would like to know if there’s a way to figure it out after the fact and simply input that distance in the corresponding field (the one found in the track inspector). This would save me the trouble of having to move several recorded clips manually.

If you measure the distance between the 2 you can calculate the delay using the speed of sound. In practice it’s probably easier to record something with a sharp attack so you can easily align the two visually.

The sharp attack is what I always use to help me align these tracks manually. But, like I said, I would like to find a way to calculate these latencies easily and simply input this number in the track (I can’t remember the name of this box in the Inspector. If someone know, please feel free to say it).

I guess I need to study more about the different rulers in Cubase and figure out if there’s a way to input samples instead of milliseconds in this field I can’t remember the name of. That would solve my question.

Thanks!