7.5.20 Impressions...

I totally agree! I wish Steinberg would give us more customization options or hire a guy like white tie. The edit window is great and I really cant complain about the look. The idea behind the mix console is on the right track but the graphics need to be given serious consideration. As they are now, they look like: Microsoft Excel meets Logic 5.5

The spread sheet look is really not that flattering. The boys from Fab Filter seem to have the right ideas for clean, modern, user friendly gui-s.

It wouldn’t really take that much to clean the mix console up.
The over abundance of grid lines and the cheap paper texture looking background isn’t working that well for my taste. The latest gray framed incarnation of the loudness meter is reminiscent of something you’d buy at radio shack 30 years ago, or of one of the first cell phone prototypes.

The attached pic is old and Ive posted this a while ago. It was an attempt to see how the look could be changed so it has a bit more tactile feel and a cleaner work flow while still respecting the topology of the MC. It was really a product of curiosity. The pink meters are 80s inspired as I was working on stuff that was 80s sounding. :smiley: I keep mine the default color.

I am not a professional graphic designer and did it just for myself. I’m sure there are even guys on this forum who’d kick ass if they gave it a go.

C’mon Steiny, give us some gloss.

Best,
_F