Nuendo 6.5?

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

Postby Breeze » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:13 am

Fredo wrote:
Breeze wrote: Am I really completely delusional?

On each and every point you try to make.

Fredo

Well in the absence of facts and there's only conjecture. Although honestly, "each and every" feels a little glib. You can't deny that Nuage has had a role in shaping the functionality of the Nuendo mixer.

Apart from the Mixer/Control room issues, some of the other features implemented in Cubase 7.5 are really impressive and long overdue, including some of the mixer features. Love/hate/love/hate/love/hate... it's a frustrating time!
Breeze

Postby drorh4 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:33 am

[code]
CHAOS wrote:
It is hard to understand not having Cubase automatically integrated into Nuendo... NEK is a bit of a complication. Also, charging for .5 upgrades is questionable. Even more when they are just mostly fixes for bugs already there.

Right!
I can get the idea of the NEK as a "Instruments and Libraries", that is acceptable. But the music integrated features?
Steinberg should take a wise, hard and brave decision and open those up for NEUNDO owners. asap.

Lately, I get more and more good recommandations from "Pro Tools 11" colleagues, As the "new" PT generation is more stable, musical and as always in PT - USER FRIENDLY.

I'll wait to see what N6.5 is all about. After that I just might sell it and buy PT11+C7.5+Wavelab+Steak and Beer.
drorh4

Postby Fredo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 am

Breeze wrote:Well in the absence of facts and there's only conjecture.

The facts are right there under your nose.

Do you really think that anyone in his/her right mind would "sacrifice" the best selling DAW (Cubase and Nuendo) in the world for a few hundred (Oh, why not go wild, and make that a few thousand) potential Nuage users?

The only reason why Steinberg can further develop Nuendo as a Post-production DAW is thanks to the hughe number of Cubase users. Post is such a niche market that it is virtually impossible to make money in it. Unless you sell the product really expensive.

Fredo
Fredo
External Moderator

Postby Breeze » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Fredo wrote:Do you really think that anyone in his/her right mind would "sacrifice" the best selling DAW (Cubase and Nuendo) in the world for a few hundred (Oh, why not go wild, and make that a few thousand) potential Nuage users?

All I can say to that is while sanity is a virtue of the vast majority of individuals in this world, it sadly isn't true of many corporations whose acts can achieve the level of sociopathic and can go unpunished despite their status of habeas corpus under the law. I don't accuse anyone at Yamaha-Steinberg of anything close to sociopathic, but history has shown that corporations can often act in ways that aren't logical or even to their own benefit.

Fredo wrote:The only reason why Steinberg can further develop Nuendo as a Post-production DAW is thanks to the hughe number of Cubase users. Post is such a niche market that it is virtually impossible to make money in it. Unless you sell the product really expensive.

Strange then that Y-SB would choose to impose a workflow designed to accommodate the higher end post-prod kit onto the larger Cubase user base that is unlikely to ever invest in it.
Breeze

Postby Fredo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Breeze wrote:Strange then that Y-SB would choose to impose a workflow designed to accommodate the higher end post-prod kit onto the larger Cubase user base that is unlikely to ever invest in it.

If you say so ...

Fredo
Fredo
External Moderator

Postby jorisdeman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:23 pm

I don't care about that stuff:)

I just want to see some screenshots and hear about some of the new features we can expect, that's all.

Btw, is SB going to address the huge VSTi rack? I love pretty much everything about Cubase 7.5, which I'm trialing until Nuendo hits, but the huge rack is a real waste of space.

Oh, and give the track inspector some scrollbars will ya, more functionality gets added with each update and to keep opening and collapsing panes is just a pane...eh pain.
Nuendo 6.06 NEK, W7 x64 | i7 Hexacore, 3,4 ghz with 32gb Mem and 256GB SSD | X-keys | Euphonix MC Control | VSLE Pro | RME Fireface 800 synced to Lucid clock | Dual Xeon Slave PC | G-tech G-Raid drives
jorisdeman

Postby Rickard » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Steinberg is trying to be all things to all people. They are doing a pretty good job of it too. I have PT10 HD and I feel like there are some things that PT does better but there is far more that Nuendo does better so I use Nuendo much more.
So far they have been responsive to our requests, they have also borrowed from others and have come up with innovations on their own.
I am confident that Steinberg will continue to listen to the users to continue to streamline the process of making music.

Dean
Win7|i7|12gig ram|LynxAES16|Lynx2C|Lynx Aurora|N6 + Nek|PT10 HD|UAD Quad x2| UM-3EX|Midex 8|Mackie Control + 2 extenders|too many mics and preamps to list
Rickard

Postby Antonio Escobar » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:49 pm

All this N6.5 wait reminds me this great chorus https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... RF0Tk#t=55
Antonio Escobar
http://www.antipop.es

---
Nuendo 6.0.x / Cubase 7.5.x
Mac Pro 3,1 Octo 2.8 Mhz, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.8.4
RME HDSPe, UAD2 Quad, 6.5.2, Novation Nocturne (as MIDI device), Unitor 8 (x2), ESI Pro MIDI, Blackmagic Intensity Pro
MacBook Air 4,2 4GB RAM, OS X 10.9.2
Antonio Escobar

Postby Brandy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:48 pm

iBM wrote:
Domilik wrote:I just stumbled upon the online-promotion of N6's new features:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/nu ... ml#c174671

Under "time savers for professionals" it says:
Optimized for mouse-free operation

I've never been forced to use my mouse that much like in N6, all those tabs to open and switch...this can't be meant seriously!

Have they ever tried the new Control Room? Come on Steinberg, this is a click fest galore. I cannot for my life of it understand how they were able to destroy one of their best features, let alone unique in the DAW world???

The new Mix Console may be great if you do 8 tracks of audio, and like two inches wide channels. Also to much clicking and hovering (aaah, there was the button).
Why on earth does the pop-ups have to tell me that an insert slot is empty? I can kinda see that :? :o :shock:

And the Focus frame "following" you around (annoying as annoying can be). I know when I touch a fader or pan knob, or....... God damn it, all that excess information having no mission at all, but being disturbing.

And the new "intelligent" name abbreviations. Not very intelligent at all, if you ask me. I do not want to zoom in on the mixer channels to read what plugin residing in what slot (I have tried to populate the insert slots the same for all channels, making it consistent (for me)).
Again, it may be easy to remember all your plugins and placement when having a few tracks/channels of audio. But NOT in a larger session, in conjunction with with narrower mixer channels.

The Cubase 7/7.5 and Nuendo 6 cycle has been a big dissapointment for me, except for 3 things (in C7.5):
Track Visibility (didn't have to change everything GUI wise to implement this IMO).
Track Versions (finally, after many many requests).
Tab to Transient (which in fact doesn't use the Tab key????)

I gotta quit now, before my head hurts.

I just scrolled through this topic and - beside a lot others - this post is so 100% describing my situation.

I am feeling more and more "comfortably" in the new Mixer - BUT there are so many things which are just a PITA... The stuff iBM described..
Christoph Brandes | Iguana Studios | Freiburg/Germany | Facebook | C6/C7.5 - N5.5/N6 - WL7 and lots of stuff like that | still originally registered in deepest 2001
Brandy

Postby jorisdeman » Fri May 02, 2014 10:26 am

Just heard that some of the betatesters got their final 6.5 licenses...so come on people, post some specs, pictures, juicy details! Want to know!:)
Nuendo 6.06 NEK, W7 x64 | i7 Hexacore, 3,4 ghz with 32gb Mem and 256GB SSD | X-keys | Euphonix MC Control | VSLE Pro | RME Fireface 800 synced to Lucid clock | Dual Xeon Slave PC | G-tech G-Raid drives
jorisdeman

Postby Lydiot » Fri May 02, 2014 4:16 pm

jorisdeman wrote:Just heard that some of the betatesters got their final 6.5 licenses...so come on people, post some specs, pictures, juicy details! Want to know!:)

Price...
Please PM for conversation.
Lydiot

Postby Brain » Mon May 05, 2014 4:42 pm

Lydiot wrote:
jorisdeman wrote:Just heard that some of the betatesters got their final 6.5 licenses...so come on people, post some specs, pictures, juicy details! Want to know!:)

Price...

Release date ???
Grace Period ???
N6.5.20, N6.0.7, WL 8.5.10
3.50gHz i7, Win-7_Pro
RME HDSPe-MADI
Motu Micro-lite
Timebase
Euphonix System-5

N3.2.1, WL 5.01b
2.66 gHz Core2 Quad, XP SP-2
RME HDSP-MADI (primary)
SSL Alphalink MADI-SX, Mixpander-5 (backup)
Brain

Postby Robin Walsh » Mon May 05, 2014 6:14 pm

Features???
Release Date????
Nuendo 6.5.2/64bit- Windows 8.1 -Nvidia K4000 - RME - UAD
Robin Walsh

Postby Rotund » Tue May 06, 2014 12:57 am

Someone mentioned Price?
Isn't this update supposed to cost $50.00 when updating from Nuendo 6?
That is what I remember anyway. Same as the Cubase move from 7.0 to 7.5.
It has been quite a while though.
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.5, Reaper 4.591, Studio One, Raydat, UAD X 2, UM-3EX, Glyph eSata Audio Drive, 6TB Storage, U-He ACE, Arturia Moog Modular & Jupiter8v, Korg Legacy (MS-20, MonoPoly, Wavestation), Portico 5043/5033.

Outboard:
AKG 414-B XLII (Matched Pair), AKG D 112, Neumann TLM-193, GrooveTubes GT-66, Shure SM-81 (Pair), Sennheiser e604 (3pack), SM-57 (Many), Beta SM-57, AT-3035, Many More, Panasonic DA-7, Event 20/20p, Alesis Monitor One, Philips MMS321 Multimedia Speakers, TLAudio, HHB, JoeMeek, dbx, Moog Model D, Nordlead 2, Korg MS2000, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo, Acoustic Drum Kit, Fender Stratocaster (USA), Ibanez EXSeries Bass, Laney VC-30.
Rotund

Postby gph » Tue May 13, 2014 1:07 pm

Any update on availability of 6.5 Timo? Thanks!
gph

Postby Trailerman » Fri May 16, 2014 10:20 am

Are we inside the 6.5 'grace period' if we purchase Nuendo 6 now?
Windows 7 64bit
2xIntel Xeon E5 3.4GHz
128GB Ram
Cubase 7.5.2
Motu PCIe-424
Trailerman

Postby ManChicken » Sat May 17, 2014 5:24 am

The N6 grace period was about 3 months... so assuming history repeats and they get it out the door in the next few months..
ManChicken

Postby TimoWildenhain » Tue May 20, 2014 8:00 am

Hello,

according to the release plan, Nuendo 6.5 will still be released in Q2 (end of Q2).
We are currently running final quality checks. More information on Nuendo 6.5 will
be available end of this week.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Product Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!
TimoWildenhain

Postby Trailerman » Tue May 20, 2014 8:54 am

Thanks Manchicken - be good to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak ...
Windows 7 64bit
2xIntel Xeon E5 3.4GHz
128GB Ram
Cubase 7.5.2
Motu PCIe-424
Trailerman

Postby jvamos » Tue May 20, 2014 3:59 pm

I thought 5.5 was an interim update that was offered with the unlimited grace of Steinberg.
I am happy to see a tweaked version that user input has shaped. Although, I am itching to see a complete list of changes.
jvamos

Postby Headlands » Tue May 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks for the update, Timo.

I switched to Cubase 7.5 since it came out, because of specific new features that make a noticeable difference in my composing and music making, so am greatly looking forward to going back into the deeper world of Nuendo very soon.
Nuendo 6 and Cubase 7.5, Win 7 x64, 16GB RAM, UAD2-QUAD, Lynx Aurora 8, RME HDSPe, lots and lots of toys.
Headlands

Postby ManChicken » Tue May 20, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm hoping for a Cubase->Nuendo crossgrade option so I don't have to do it myself (IE sell off my Cubase license) because I need AAF import, which I doubt Cubase will get any time soon.
ManChicken

Postby Oliver.Lucas » Fri May 23, 2014 9:22 am

TimoWildenhain wrote:More information on Nuendo 6.5 will be available end of this week.

End of this week alert :P
(I've seen it at the Nuage Demo, though)

Ollie
www.lucas-sound.com
Latest Nuendo on various Macs
Oliver.Lucas

Postby bilekt3 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Oliver.Lucas wrote:
TimoWildenhain wrote:More information on Nuendo 6.5 will be available end of this week.

End of this week alert :P
(I've seen it at the Nuage Demo, though)

Ollie

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/nu ... do_65.html
Tomas Bilek | Audio Post production & Sound Design Freelancer | Prague, Czech Republic

MacBook Pro, Nuendo 6.0.X+NEK, HALion 5 & Dark Planet, Padshop Pro & Zero Gravity, Fab Filter Plugins, RND Portico Bundle, Tube-Tech Classic Channel, 2CAudio Aether & Breeze
bilekt3

Postby Lydiot » Fri May 23, 2014 4:59 pm

For a second I thought we might actually finally see VCAs or at least groups functioning like in PT. No doubt I'm happy about things like automatically adjusting to loudness targets, but the act of mixing to get to that point is still hampered by lack of basic features like the aforementioned.
Please PM for conversation.
Lydiot

PreviousNext

Return to General