7.5.20 Impressions...

No one can help you if you don’t post your specs…

:nerd:

My thoughts exactly. 100% agree :slight_smile:

Now that I have spent about 5 hours on/with Reaper (first and foremost as a mixing solution), I wholeheartedly regret that I didn’t look at Reaper 18 months ago. Seems like a great mixing environment. And a very flexible one.
Will happily investigate further after the Easter holidays.

See my other thread about re-starting my mixing career :wink:

I will of corse continue to use C6.5 and N5.5, as well as taking advantage of some of the great new features in C7.5. Track Versions in particular when recording multitracked Drumkits and other multimiced sources. For single miced sources like vocal etc, I still like Cubase’s Lanes feature the best. But for mixing … YUK.

The short-term mixing solution is still C6.5, but for mid- to long-term mixing solution I am looking inte Reaper, and PT and S1 (in which I have some experience).
The more Steinberg moves away from the “old” mixer, the more sense even the PT mixer makes.

Remember, I am only talking about the mixer and mixing stage here. For all other purposes Cubase and Nuendo are my nr 1 DAW. Frustrating to say the least, to see the mixer fall off the cliff like this.

I have to say that - to my eyes - this the first time Cubase’ mixer invokes such emotions and contradicting responses.
EVER.

I just can’t remember in all my years here that people talked so much about Cubase’ mixer. for the better and for the worst (many love it and it seems that many more LOATH it. it shouldn’t be like that. it is, after all, just a mixer).

Personally, I did try to love MixDebacle over the last year and a half. see if you can guess what are my feelings towards it… :mrgreen:

I have since come to understand that Sound on Sound’s final words (in the “cons” sections) about Cubase’ mixer fully realized themselves in reality :

• cons
    Not all users will appreciate the aesthetic choices reflected in the new mixer’s design.

Yes, MESS is the correct word. it is not wise to try and cram so much info into tiny physical representation (our lcd’s. be it 17" or 24" or 30". and SURELY not when our resolution is still HD and not 4K)

The funny part is that the interface wastes more space, and provides FAR less information. I don’t loath the “look”. I loath the functionality. I want to look at the mixer and see the information.

Only a true Professional will appreciate Cubase 7.5 mixer :smiley:

No, true Professional sequence on Pro Tools :laughing:

Yes all my friends with SSL and Protools all admit that the midi in Protools sucks and that Cubase is where it’s at :smiley:

No true Professional sequence with pro tools and use Cubase. :wink:

Hi,

I revert back to 7.5.1 and everything seems fine now.
I think the crash on 7.5.2 is related to D16 Nepheton and/or Groove Agent SE 4

‘‘EDIT’’ : same with 7.5.1 :cry:

late 2013 iMac osx 10.8.5
Rme babyface, latest driver
Latest eLicenser.

I cant stand plugins which look like hardware lol. I love the izotope designs.

Really modern, functional and mouse friendly - and not locked into or constrained by hardware paradigms

+1

I’d maybe not go that far but, sometimes I cringe a little when someone a little too obviously has been bending over backwards trying to get some design look like hardware.

Sometimes it looks cool but it’s time to move on as well and take full advantage of the dynamic nature of the screen.

I think MixConsole is clean look, when no plugins/sends are loaded. Then its going to mess. I wonder if Steinberg will hire talented graphic desigmer for mixer and windows system any soon. Maybe Cubase 8 ?

I agree with you both.

Personally, I have no particular interest in “chrome”. While I have an immense appreciation for art, I like practical tools, prefer ping over bling, and enjoy a straight uniform UI rather than some gooee fancy pants. (Enjoy that pun!)

Though some people do have a fantastic way with minimalist colors, lines and design. Those are the people that should be doing it. A technical buffoon (like me) could strike a bit of luck in such arenas, but like in a lottery, luck is about as useful as that UI I might have produced, the majority of times. :wink:

One of the biggest complaints on this topics is the mixer. It looks a lot like Logic, Protools and somewhat like S1. So all you trolls, if you don’t like it tough luck :laughing:

IMO , MixDebacle is geared towards 4K.

Plain and simple.

It clearly shows in the proportions, the space occupied by controls, etc.

The things is : its WAY too soon.

Thank you, Dear.

I’m here since VST5/SX1 days (under different Alias). what about you ?..

No, it doesn’t.

But hey, I’m troll anyway :smiling_imp:

:slight_smile:

this bug is not fixed, GGRRrrrrrr!!!
R-11003 “Instrument tracks: Copy-pasting MIDI data now works for instrument tracks on the Project page”

Ah, interesting… I have a feature request for this as the wisdom of the crowd suggested it was that (as opposed to a bug). But now I see it was down as a bug after all.

I spent a while looking at this - for midi automation data (as opposed to midi part data) while midi-midi track works, and instrument-instrument track works, instrument-midi and vice versa doesn’t work. Confused? Read more and +1 the feature request here:

Well you’re certainly entitled to your opinion Mr. Troll. It maybe way too soon for you but it’s right on time for a lot of us. Good for you that you’re here since… This is my only membership. I really don’t have any issues with Cubase but I like to visit this forum because it can be very entertaining :laughing: I’m an advanced Cubase user and Graduated Professional Audio Engineer. I work in pro studios SSL/Protools and at home with Cubase 7.5 my Daw of choice.

What about you?

i don’t know if it is (surely it must have been conceived before 4k?); whatever the case, it’s definitely not ergonomical on my 2,560 x 1,440-pixel native resolution. the thing is, i need to be able to read the inserts. and to be able to do that, the channels need to be extended horizontally so much so that they eat up too much screen real estate, and not many chan’s fit in the mixer that way. someone just didn’t put enough thought into it.

that’s just one ill-executed implementation, of dozens. wish i got a cent for every ‘load preset’ dialog that loaded when i wanted to bring up a plugin’s gui instead.