7.5.20 Impressions...

I cant stand plugins which look like hardware lol. I love the izotope designs.

Really modern, functional and mouse friendly - and not locked into or constrained by hardware paradigms

+1

I’d maybe not go that far but, sometimes I cringe a little when someone a little too obviously has been bending over backwards trying to get some design look like hardware.

Sometimes it looks cool but it’s time to move on as well and take full advantage of the dynamic nature of the screen.

I think MixConsole is clean look, when no plugins/sends are loaded. Then its going to mess. I wonder if Steinberg will hire talented graphic desigmer for mixer and windows system any soon. Maybe Cubase 8 ?

I agree with you both.

Personally, I have no particular interest in “chrome”. While I have an immense appreciation for art, I like practical tools, prefer ping over bling, and enjoy a straight uniform UI rather than some gooee fancy pants. (Enjoy that pun!)

Though some people do have a fantastic way with minimalist colors, lines and design. Those are the people that should be doing it. A technical buffoon (like me) could strike a bit of luck in such arenas, but like in a lottery, luck is about as useful as that UI I might have produced, the majority of times. :wink:

One of the biggest complaints on this topics is the mixer. It looks a lot like Logic, Protools and somewhat like S1. So all you trolls, if you don’t like it tough luck :laughing:

IMO , MixDebacle is geared towards 4K.

Plain and simple.

It clearly shows in the proportions, the space occupied by controls, etc.

The things is : its WAY too soon.

Thank you, Dear.

I’m here since VST5/SX1 days (under different Alias). what about you ?..

No, it doesn’t.

But hey, I’m troll anyway :smiling_imp:

:slight_smile:

this bug is not fixed, GGRRrrrrrr!!!
R-11003 “Instrument tracks: Copy-pasting MIDI data now works for instrument tracks on the Project page”

Ah, interesting… I have a feature request for this as the wisdom of the crowd suggested it was that (as opposed to a bug). But now I see it was down as a bug after all.

I spent a while looking at this - for midi automation data (as opposed to midi part data) while midi-midi track works, and instrument-instrument track works, instrument-midi and vice versa doesn’t work. Confused? Read more and +1 the feature request here:

Well you’re certainly entitled to your opinion Mr. Troll. It maybe way too soon for you but it’s right on time for a lot of us. Good for you that you’re here since… This is my only membership. I really don’t have any issues with Cubase but I like to visit this forum because it can be very entertaining :laughing: I’m an advanced Cubase user and Graduated Professional Audio Engineer. I work in pro studios SSL/Protools and at home with Cubase 7.5 my Daw of choice.

What about you?

i don’t know if it is (surely it must have been conceived before 4k?); whatever the case, it’s definitely not ergonomical on my 2,560 x 1,440-pixel native resolution. the thing is, i need to be able to read the inserts. and to be able to do that, the channels need to be extended horizontally so much so that they eat up too much screen real estate, and not many chan’s fit in the mixer that way. someone just didn’t put enough thought into it.

that’s just one ill-executed implementation, of dozens. wish i got a cent for every ‘load preset’ dialog that loaded when i wanted to bring up a plugin’s gui instead.

4K or UHD is 50% more pixels (4096x2160 in the case of 4K or 3840×2160 in the case of UHD).

That’s a LOT more, and it must be a massive shift in perceptive (or so it seems to me).

The things is (and was. and will be) that zoomable mixer (the phenomenon that you descried is one of its “merits”) is just NO GO. it is a bad implementation in the sake of “we can do, so lets do it”. not everything that is achievable and doable is also beneficial. and MixDebacle proves that notion very well.

Same here.

Please allow me to disregard this, kiddo. I’ve seen and dealt with way too many of your kind.
Thanks.

I agree with the latter.

With the former… if you don’t have issues with Cubase, please sit this one out.

Good for you (though u don’t really want to know what I think about “Graduated Professional Audio Engineers” as I am one myself)

Anywayz, I do beatz in my grandma’s kitchen for 15 years now and have no experience with other DAW whatsoever. I used Fruity Loops for 1 yearz (version 1 from 1997/1998) so I guess I has vintage gearz and I can be considered a “pro”.

I can think of many improvements need to the mixer, and most of them would improve workflow…some of them immensely. However I don’t compare to PT, Logic, or S1. I consider Steinberg to be a leader. But the problem with cutting edge ideas/technology is more bugs/issues than the other DAW’s.

So I guess count me as a “troll” since I’m definitely not a fan-boy who posts everything works great, often daily, in multiple posts, without any constructive solutions to seemingly real issues or potential bugs presented by other users.

Personally I would love to see something like the Reaper skin. But I grew up on real consoles. If that skin isn’t size-able that would be a huge drawback so I can understand both sides. To answer a prior post, if UAD didn’t make their GUI to look for example like a Manley Massive Passive, I doubt they would sell half as many licenses as they do.

I have been using Cubase since the 90’s. Fortunately I’m not a “Graduated Professional Audio Engineer.” But I would love to get that “Advanced Cubase User” plaque to post right next to the framed Hans Zimmer autograph. Greggybud is the same name since CubaseVST32 so where do I sign up? :mrgreen:

Exactly same here.

Yo Homie, ah remember you. You same class just next do’. ah graduated too. In fact ah gots diplomas on my own. Hamburger University an’ Chris Loward Algea - Phat Beatz Seminar. Iz tight Bro. You remember me, Im da one wif da pony tail an’ dem shiny shoes.

Mmmmm, yo’ beats is tigtht. Jumpin off dat SSL ah remember. iz like, you tickle dem wif uh feather first an’ then….you hit dem wif hammer yo. You turn ‘em in ta ear butter dawg.

Don’t listen ta dem trolls an’ haters. dey don’t know tight beats. dey just busy learning Cubase an’ pimpin they desktops.

Downloading screen savers o’ naked ladies all day long. dem trolls iz hobbits yo.

This made my day.

:laughing: what the heck is going on here?

haha some good points being made, I’m just glad I’m not alone.

I would be good for mixer font size options, at the very least.

Another great 8 hours mixing session with 7.5.20. My clients range from Major Labels pop acts, rock bands to indie acts and rock bands, everybody is happy. Thanks again Steinberg :smiley:

I love the way self acclaimed professionals act in our days … children at play again .
7.5.20 works fine here 4 days 12 hours a day and no issues , it’s a bit sluggish with the gui opening the plugin’s and vsti’s but it hasn’t failed to do so ,so i can live with that

Professionals! Give me a break. I would expect professionals to be articulate, know how to express themselves with grammatical coherence and be able to spell. Mind you I expect the real professionals are too busy being professional to write some of the moronic stuff some of those claimants post here. :laughing:

Great release! The beta testing is almost finished! Please fix the video issues and I’ll be very happy. Btw, I learnt a great lesson here: don’t upgrade until two or three updates after Cubase 8.5