Nuendo 6.5?

I have to say that I am surprised by the the # of people who are struggling with the new mixer. I have been needing to go back and forth between N6 and N5.5 almost daily and N5.5 is a little frustrating to use because of many of the missing features.

Having inserts and sends in the mixer at the same time without clicking is a real time saver for me. Finding effects is much faster (though required learning a new way) and finding a track in a 300+ channel project is much faster. Agents is amazing for mixing large projects . Visibility and Zones are now essential to me. I also love having an FFT on each channel not to mention the Studio and Post EQs. All of these things save me time and I wish I didn’t have so many of my “need-to-recall” projects in N5.5.

That being said, I am in agreement about the mouse-over buttons. It would be great if these could be fixed buttons. There must be a way to do it and I haven’t heard anyone say they like it as is. I am still missing the invert gain on the channel EQ. Why did that go away? I have all hardware monitoring so I don’t use the Control Room but there seems to be universal agreement that this is a mistake. So I am in support of this getting fixed.

My 2 cents.

Dean

I agree with you. I also do not use the control room, and I know this has been a great frustration for other users, I cannot comment. But as for the mixer itself, it prefer the new one much more. I can see everything at once and get to it quickly.

It is hard to understand not having Cubase automatically integrated into Nuendo… NEK is a bit of a complication. Also, charging for .5 upgrades is questionable. Even more when they are just mostly fixes for bugs already there.

I mean we all just want solid, reliable software, that when bugs are found, they are fixed in a timely matter, and not charged for.

As for Yamaha hardware theories… Plausible. These are businesses trying to make business plans for the future. I for one am not going to be a hardware customer for them, and I suppose the more they hear from their client base, the better. Hence this topic and discussion.

Well in the absence of facts and there’s only conjecture. Although honestly, “each and every” feels a little glib. You can’t deny that Nuage has had a role in shaping the functionality of the Nuendo mixer.

Apart from the Mixer/Control room issues, some of the other features implemented in Cubase 7.5 are really impressive and long overdue, including some of the mixer features. Love/hate/love/hate/love/hate… it’s a frustrating time!

[quote="CHAOS"]

It is hard to understand not having Cubase automatically integrated into Nuendo... NEK is a bit of a complication. Also, charging for .5 upgrades is questionable. Even more when they are just mostly fixes for bugs already there.
[/quote]

Right!
I can get the idea of the NEK as a "Instruments and Libraries", that is acceptable. But the music [b]integrated [/b]features?
Steinberg should take a wise, hard and brave decision and open those up for NEUNDO owners. asap.

Lately, I get more and more good recommandations from "Pro Tools 11" colleagues, As the "new" PT generation is more stable, musical and as always in PT - USER FRIENDLY.  

I'll wait to see what N6.5 is all about. After that I just might sell it and buy PT11+C7.5+Wavelab+Steak and Beer.

The facts are right there under your nose.

Do you really think that anyone in his/her right mind would “sacrifice” the best selling DAW (Cubase and Nuendo) in the world for a few hundred (Oh, why not go wild, and make that a few thousand) potential Nuage users?

The only reason why Steinberg can further develop Nuendo as a Post-production DAW is thanks to the hughe number of Cubase users. Post is such a niche market that it is virtually impossible to make money in it. Unless you sell the product really expensive.

Fredo

All I can say to that is while sanity is a virtue of the vast majority of individuals in this world, it sadly isn’t true of many corporations whose acts can achieve the level of sociopathic and can go unpunished despite their status of habeas corpus under the law. I don’t accuse anyone at Yamaha-Steinberg of anything close to sociopathic, but history has shown that corporations can often act in ways that aren’t logical or even to their own benefit.

Strange then that Y-SB would choose to impose a workflow designed to accommodate the higher end post-prod kit onto the larger Cubase user base that is unlikely to ever invest in it.

If you say so …

Fredo

I don’t care about that stuff:)

I just want to see some screenshots and hear about some of the new features we can expect, that’s all.

Btw, is SB going to address the huge VSTi rack? I love pretty much everything about Cubase 7.5, which I’m trialing until Nuendo hits, but the huge rack is a real waste of space.

Oh, and give the track inspector some scrollbars will ya, more functionality gets added with each update and to keep opening and collapsing panes is just a pane…eh pain.

Steinberg is trying to be all things to all people. They are doing a pretty good job of it too. I have PT10 HD and I feel like there are some things that PT does better but there is far more that Nuendo does better so I use Nuendo much more.
So far they have been responsive to our requests, they have also borrowed from others and have come up with innovations on their own.
I am confident that Steinberg will continue to listen to the users to continue to streamline the process of making music.

Dean

All this N6.5 wait reminds me this great chorus Garbage - Milk - YouTube

I just scrolled through this topic and - beside a lot others - this post is so 100% describing my situation.

I am feeling more and more “comfortably” in the new Mixer - BUT there are so many things which are just a PITA… The stuff iBM described…

Just heard that some of the betatesters got their final 6.5 licenses…so come on people, post some specs, pictures, juicy details! Want to know!:slight_smile:

Price…

Release date ???
Grace Period ???

Features???
Release Date???

Someone mentioned Price?
Isn’t this update supposed to cost $50.00 when updating from Nuendo 6?
That is what I remember anyway. Same as the Cubase move from 7.0 to 7.5.
It has been quite a while though.

Any update on availability of 6.5 Timo? Thanks!

Are we inside the 6.5 ‘grace period’ if we purchase Nuendo 6 now?

The N6 grace period was about 3 months… so assuming history repeats and they get it out the door in the next few months…

Hello,

according to the release plan, Nuendo 6.5 will still be released in Q2 (end of Q2).
We are currently running final quality checks. More information on Nuendo 6.5 will
be available end of this week.

Thanks,
Timo