7.5.20 Impressions...

There really is some good information in this thread when you sift through it all. I don’t professionally mix as much as some of you but the daily music I do I don’t seem to be having any issues with my system. This does seem to also be a norm that some users feel it more than others.

I dual use S1 and Cubase but mostly Cubase at the moment because of the ability to do Step Input Recording and honestly, I find the coloring scheme etc. to be very refreshing and exciting to use. I think that because some of you have used Cubase for so long it also affects you much more to have such changes and changes can either please or get a big fat disapproval from a long time user.

I would imagine from a support standpoint it would be a nightmare to have “multiple” possible setups within Cubase but perhaps offering a more modern solution as well as the option to give it a more old school/backward compatible look and feel would surely please many more people.

I myself and very happy with they way it looks but I do sort of understand what people are saying about huge amounts of wasted screen space and especially I feel how much harder it is to navigate and do simple things in this program. Especially from the ultra simplicity of S1. Yet that comes at the cost of missing a tremendous amount of necessary functions. I sure would hate to be some of these programmers as there just can’t possibly be a way to please everyone.

For now, I love the update and am not having 1 issue with it for my needs and I find it quite attractive looking, but sometimes a little intimidating look at all the functions available.

Maestro2be