Can I retrieve my Cubase 7 to another computer?

Hello all, and happy easter!

I bought Cubase Elements 7 some time ago as a download on my Macbook Pro. But now, as I´ve got hold on my good old Stationary (?) Windows 7 PC, I want to use Cubase on that one. Is it possible to use my Cubase on both computers? Or do I have to spent alot of money on another one?

Thanks for the replys!

Yes If your licence is on a dongle but if it’s a soft licence then you have to buy a dongle and move the licence to the dongle but beware , once you turn your soft licence in it has to stay on the dongle .
The dongle can be used on both computers one at a time :wink:

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I got a Dongle :slight_smile:

But how/where do I dowload it again?

there you go

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_7.html

Thanks alot, G-String! (Thats a familiar sentence…)

Downloading now. Just inserted the donge to mu USB. Hope it works :slight_smile:

Hmm. I got asked to insert the “Halion SE” disc…I got no disc :confused:

And when I tried to open Cubase, it said it didnt find any licence, even my Dongle is inserted. But I got asked to start the activation. Should I do this? Would it cause trouble with my Cubase on my Macbook?

Have you tried the Halion SE iso?

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_7.html

Did you moved the license to the dongle?

Have you opened the licence control center and drag and dropped your licence from your hard drive on to the dongle ?

No. What do you mean? Is`nt it inside the Dongle? Is it on my Macbook? So I have to move it from my Macbook to the dongle?

I downloaded the Halion SE iso. But when I try to install it, a message appears saying that another installation is going on. So I have to finish that first and try again later. But there is no other instalation going on. I restarted the computer, but that did not help.

If you have Elements, the full Cubase installer is not going to work for you.

Try the Elements 7 trial version download …

Ahh! Ofcourse! Why didnt I think if it. Thanks alot, Scab! I`ll download it now.