Ozone 5 plugin incompatibility

I rendered a session 2 days ago with high latency clip plugins with no problem; today, I had clicks after clip transitions & I didn’t change any settings… weird.
I remember problems with Ozone 3 or 4 and Wavelab 5 - the audio would be offset by the latency amount. Although this is not happening in W8, the new design seems to be causing a different problem - in lay terms, the clip processing is not intellegently handling the buffer size of high latency plugins, and the buffer is clearing when the next clip is processing, which causes pops and dropouts. I did not have this problem with Wavelab 6 and remember being relieved that it was solved. I even used multiple instances of Algorithmix Red in W6, which has a second & a half latency at Ultra setting, with no problem.
I have a SSD for my OS drive and don’t have room to install Wavelab 6, so I hope Steinberg figures this out. Otherwise, I may have do the heavy lifting in Studio One V2 and just assemble in W8. At least I will have automation and 64 bit processing thoughout. And the S1 V2 SRC has less aliasing and noise than Crystal.

Another Ozone 5 problem is the FFT in the EQ module: with VST3, any setting but real-time looks like infinite peak. This doesn’t happen with Ozone 5 VST2… most of the time…