[Halion Presets] midi modules in action

:slight_smile: so they are working :slight_smile:

Halion 5 is simply the best and most workflow convenient thing i ever encountered.
Tx for the checkup !

kind regards,
R.

I will hopefully check it out soon to see how you did things.

This composing with Halion needs more clarification…

Hey dutch555,

Tx for your reply.
In what way there is need for clarification ?
Pm if you want to, and if dutch means “nederlands” you can do the pm in dutch since this is my native language.

kind regards,
R.

Its about how you constructed all those vst sound files, but you included some information how you made a particulair vst sound
I am also interested how patchpool made all those soundscapes out of HAlion5 patchpool.de | Sounds and Presets by Simon Stockhausen | Halion Shop
Now i use a composer other then Cubase and this one needed midi notes and that seems to be difficult to extract from the soundscapes and Vst sounds from HALion5.

Hey dutch555,

I have seen more requests on howto on the forum.
thinking about a sort of quickstart guide on sound development with halion with examples that you can download is a great idea if it is not allready here on the forum somewhere, but i did not find that yet.

It is time intensive to make those guides. So: if enough people like the sounds, i probably will indeed make a clarification for it. :slight_smile: If you have specific questions, just pm and i reply quickly because i am here often.

But i am not a pro or so on sound dev. :wink:

Meanwhile i did make one particular preset today because i saw that one being asked several times.
There is a new vstfile to download where a drumset from halion has been multichanneled over the 32 different outputs of halion 5. It is very easy to do. So check it out.

Since this Halion preset kit that was used in the example has multiple layers on a single midinote it is important to switch the editor from “sel” to “all” on top of the map editor + for easy editing select the “enable midi mapping selection options” so you can switch between the different combined zones on those midi keys easily with a keyboard.

The next thing is go to the zone editor and go to the amplifier and on the aux tab you can find the different output settings for each midi note (since you have selected “all” it will look a bit red coloured)
play each note sequentially and each time you can select a different output for the sounds mapped to that midi note. Very easy.

But remember to put the outputs active in the instrument rack if you want to hear anything.

I have also added a drum player and midi-player with some content too, so that you can make your vstpreset into a little groove agent with a lot of output channels.
nothing fancy with the grooves though since i copied them from the real groove agent, but it is an example
the standard added flexphraser can in the same way be used. activate it and choose those drum presets. Lots of things to discover with a factory content configuration. also: Go to the user environment and give it your touch…

When you load this vstpreset for the first time the drumplayer and midiplayer and the flexphraser have been switched off, so select them in the program tree and then activate them if you want to use them.

note that this is just for posting an example of the multiple outs.
I had not enough outputs to assign all samples to a different output so the samples on the upper right of the keyboard are assigned to the standard output, but it is an example for some reason.
I am working on an improved example with efx and midi modifiers on each midi-note, but that is still several days to go before this is going to be posted. :slight_smile:

have fun with it and then improve it !

download location:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9e94c303c3e88283#cid=9E94C303C3E88283&id=9E94C303C3E88283!1425

name: power kit mchan example.vstrpreset

kind regards,
R.

Thanks roel for the VST powerkitexample
Halion5 need a more userfriendly userscreens for guitars …a example is this Torch Electric Guitar — Indiginus

bump

:slight_smile:
you are probably a guitarplayer
I most of the time get confused by 6 strings to do things on

Automated orchestra is excellent, thanks!

and again something new to show what i did not find in the factory content.
It is a vstsound. It is a Multi. it is mainly a sort of drumkit.
It is called BONGA WONGA KIT.vstsound :stuck_out_tongue:

What is the clue. I like those midiplayers. I have also kontakt damage. The great thing about damage, next to its excellent sound, are those key switches with speed alterations on the sample. I was thinking to try something a bit in the same way on halion 5.
For this example i have chosen the modualtion wheel to switch the midi players on and off. (but you can allways tweak it to your needs)

if you test it, arm the first 6 midi channels of the Multi.
they are alligned with their variations.

mp3 example: Stream Bonga Wonga Kit - - Output - MAIN OUT by roeland eysackers | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

there is another example on the soundcloud page.

download: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9e94c303c3e88283#cid=9E94C303C3E88283&id=9E94C303C3E88283!1425

Remember that you allways can alter the content to your specific needs. Every midi file is exchangeable and tweakable.

kind regards,
R.

Haha …nice drumming Roel …is it possible to get a midi file from this also?

?? You have them already. :wink:
they are integrated within the soundfiles :slight_smile:
just drag and drop them from the midi players to your daw and that should work.
use the midi icon on the midi players

same thing to edit them or change them
make a midi sequence in the daw and drag and drop it in to on of the variations.
the key switches should stay unaffected.

for if it is not the same thing in other daws.
all samples are located between c2 and c4 with c3 as root
making your own midi and drag and drop in to the variation slots should work in any case.
allways save your modifications or they are gone!

kind regards,
R.

The idea to construct sounds in HAlion5 and play this sounds back in a another composer
The only thing is that when i do have the midi …i must bypass the flexphraser

the modwheel on your keyboard should normally be configured for all the slots as a controller for switching the flexphraser on|off.
Could you please try that and if so, please confirm that those settings were not loaded in the vstsound or that they did?

kind regards,
R.

Hi Roel
It should be handy if there were a quick way to see if there are flexphrasers involved in a sound :wink:

Jan

hey jan,

there is.
the program tree tells everything.
it defines the structure of the sound.
click on different elements in the program tree and check each one of them for the set and subset of edit windows.
the flex modules are part of that tree.

kind regards,
R.

Yes, i know that there is a program tree for the sound (program)construction and i looked there if the sound has one or more flexphrasers assigned, but still a lot of clicks to do
It should be handy to see if the sound is "flexphrased "or not in ( yes the VX, Flexphrased and XLL sounds are) in one eyesight.
Tip: put the filter on layer in the soundbrowser and search for xxl …you get a lot of interesting sounds

Note: for what there is a top level flexphraser ( + trigger module) in the sound tree ?
Also…what sound do have chords or are a sequenzed assigned to them ?.. ( the triggerpads has assigned information for this)
Now i must go thru every sound to see what is possible with this sound… :wink:

I also wonder why every program has a default Flex and trigger but inactive.

First thing I usually do is shift select that and the FX Buss ands hit DEL.

I like to keep that view fresh and comprehensive!

I also wonder why every program has a default Flex and trigger but inactive.
First thing I usually do is shift select that and the FX Buss ands hit DEL.
I like to keep that view fresh and comprehensive!

:sunglasses: They are there since the init program has put them there. Hey ok… it is not the cleanest program tree there is, but personally i do not bother if there are some inactive modules or layers in the three. Since they are inactive, they do not use resources. But i accept your statement. It would have been cleaner without them.

Also…what sound do have chords or are a sequenzed assigned to them ?.. ( the triggerpads has assigned information for this) Now i must go thru every sound to see what is possible with this sound…

:sunglasses: First: tx for trying the patches! Ok, you have to click on every patch and see what has been done there. And as dutch said before, some description of what has been done could indeed make life easier. I will try to take this into account when i have something new to post. For now, the main purpouse was checking if things are operational on other systems and just post some of those neat functions. Maybe it triggers some creativity amongst the users.
Since I have noticed the patches are technically in working condition in the near future i could be posting something usefull with more bells and whistles. But i still am a bit searching for the correct walking on the thin line there, when the posting is not solely for checking purpouses and the user content is somehow based on 3th party content. You must take into account that ripping someones vsti and posting it on a forum is probably not welcomed by some of those devs.

An example: the user fstaudio (look higer on the topic) has made a very beautifull patch named Blakus Cello. You can find it on his site. It is a very very beautifull cello vstsound and it is free for downloading. I can indeed think about some layers adding there and some extra modules and a bit efx and so on to build a killer string patch. But it is not done just to integrate it straightforward in a patch of myself and repost it with added content… How would you feel if someones does this with your hard work. For me it is ok if someone twiggels with my vstsound demo’s, but i keep them low profile for a purpouse.
:wink:

kind regards,
R.