7.5.20 Impressions...

Cubase 7.5 is insanely amazing. Love everything on it even features which I haven’t mastered yet. Thanks for the challenge Steinberg.

Yea, no indication of open plugins is so backwards. I think this is the first time
it has been brought up though. Also, if you don’t have the mixer racks open/visible,
then there is no indication that a plugin is even loaded on the channel.
These two issues are so important to a smooth workflow…Come on Steinberg.
Maybe another new rack add on.
Something small like the panner, just a little light that lights up when a plugin is loaded.
It could change color to show open instances as well.

I’m just gonna go ahead and say it.

I HATE having to use contextual click to open up a VSTi. The sound generator, the reason why I am even using a DAW to make music. Th eone thing that should not need a control click is opening the thing that actually makes the sound.

If you made a new mixer to make it more flexible and added navigational improvements, efficient use of space… when you made me have to touch the keyboard, while clicking for something I’m going to do 1000s of times during a session, for me it kinda defeats a purpose.

I would rather control click to use the EQ, which I rarely use… you have a ginormous control strip that gives me access to the EQ already. Is this the new convention or is there a way to get it to stop NOW. Does anyone enjoy it, were you always accidentally opening up your VSTi?

btw. 7.5.2 is still doing this. i get it, you have a wicked sense of humour and the channel looks real macho this way, but maybe let go now and make cubase usable instead.

I got the same problem here……

mac osx 10.8.5 cubase 7.5.2 RME Babyface

Are you guys still talking about the freakin’ mixer?! (kidding) :smiley:

I’m finally back up, on 7.5.20 with my new DAW build.

I had to do a from-scratch install of everything (you know how long that can take) in Windows 8.1, only to find 8.1, several plugins and Cubase wouldn’t play nice.

So, I had to start all over from scratch with Windows 7.

:angry:

Painstaking.

But, it solved most of the 3rd party plugin problems.

Since Microsoft doesn’t sell Windows 7 anymore (except in some “replacement parts” department) it’s nearly impossible to find a non OEM version of Windows 7 in the wild. So, I had to use the license from one of my other computers (that would be fine with my Windows 8.1 license). So, I had to setup another computer, too.

At some point there’s gonna be some music making here, I think. :smiley:

I agree that Control+Click to open a VSTi is not a step forward but have you thought of assigning a key command for this? For things you do 1000’s of times in a session, it saves so much time, even before they brought in the Control+Click method. I have ‘V’ assigned to open the instrument on the selected channel and it’s one of my most time saving key commands.

Yes, I\m still getting this from time to time. Otherwsie, running great!

+1

Lucky for you, guys, if it only happens to certain channels and only from time to time. For me it happens with all the channels and all the time.

I just came to conclusion that neither C7, nor C7.5 get along with my system(x79/lga2011) after numerous attempts at troubleshooting and dicking around with various settings and configurations. I’ll try again once I’ll get around to building a new Haswell/E system, or give it another shot, when C8 comes out.

Credit where credit’s due…

There is a BIG improvement in offline mix render times, at least on my system.

This has gotten very slow indeed in recent Cubendo versions, over the past year or so. To the point where there was seldom any time saved by doing an offline render, compared with realtime.

My impression is that the render time is roughly halved. anyone else noticed this?

I have noticed one weird annoyance with CB 7.5.20. Quite often, after installing a new VST/VSTi, plug-in, Cubase quits right before the Steinberg Hub should open. When I launch it again it tells me that some windows were open when I quit, would I like to reopen them? I click “No”, and the Hub opens as it should. Everything appears to work correctly, including the plug-in. The third, and subsequent times, there is no problem with launching Cubase.

This is, of cause, not a fatal bug, but it’s annoying nevertheless. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

me , mavericks cubase 32bit

I found a bug yesterday. Using vsti for example Addictive drums. > vst outputs. Changing the pan affect all outputs. Major issue I think.

Cubase is getting better and more stable every version but is far from reliable. I have CPU spikes, GUI related crashes, the video output issue and a big list of annoyances that do not stop me but bother me a lot.

yes, confirmed!

C. (system: Win 7, 64Bit)

I bet it’s a desirable side-effect from the ASIO Guard improvements. I’m going to test with both on and off to see if it makes a difference.

This would be interesting to see!

:nerd:

This may sound weird, but I still have the psychological need to actively open an instrument by button, that kind of thing I do not like a key shortcut for. I only want it to be one click

Having to select the channel first, then use the keyboard… I dunno, I would rather just look at my channels and click a button and be done. It has worked this way since I started with old Cubasis. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. We need to make sure they don’t just start changing things permenantly for no reason, so I am against shortcuts to fix things that are broken. That’s what they WANT you to do, no I demand this stuff make sense, I will use my shortcuts intuitively the way I do in all software, not as workarounds.

The multiple Clix are a pita…really… I concur w/mpayne0

:nerd: