Please replace letters in the mixer with proper icons

please, please, please.

umm. What letters sorry?

I mean the letters M, L, S, K, D, and specially E, in the inspector fader and the new mixer.

It’s easier to remember the function of an icon than a letter, and It’s also far more intuitive. Icons also are a universal way to express a concept or function in any language. Letters are not.

+1. Yes. That guy on level two has a lot ot answer for?

What about a ‘classic mixer colours’ option? :smiley:

I certainly think some kind of visual differentiation between the letters would be helpful. Maybe just having the buttons coloured differently would work well. Obviously they become coloured once you select them but when they are deselected, they are all the same grey colour and it can just add a split second to your work as your brain has to double check which button you’re looking for.

+1

Why cannot eveynoe be so re :slight_smile: asonable?

That’s the word. I find myself double checking many times before pressing a button, even If I have used Cubase for decades. That’s not good for sure. But sincerely, I don’t think a change of colour will be any good. I’m also a bit colour blinded :confused: Icons are still the best option!

I’ve used quite a number of mixing consoles and I can tell you there are no standardized icons for these functions (the speaker with an X icon is a product of the commercial TV remote control and I’ve never seen on any pro console). Usually they are printed out in full Solo, Mute, etc… With the exception of “K”? they’re all rather straight forward Solo / soloDefeat, Mute, Listen, Edit and you don’t need to be a brainiac to memorize them, Similarly we have R an W which is in fact fairly standard across various boards. I will admit they could have used the usual icons for instrument edit and the traditional ‘e’ schrift in place of the ‘E’ which has been standard in Steinberg since …

I will admit they could have used the usual icons for instrument edit and the traditional ‘e’ schrift in place of the ‘E’ which has been standard in Steinberg since …

+1
also some kind of other color for this buttons. maybe lighter shade of gray ? now some parts of MC looks like a big cake with gray cream smeared on it and some pastry cook design the button borders with a knife. :smiley:
MC really needs graphic redesign fixes.
Also when minimizing faders area height the buttons almost disappearing !