Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

thanks so much!!! Great post

Makes a nice change from all the moaning and ranting to find something helpful and useful on his forum.
Thank you very much seyoum.

Seyoum,

Thank you so much for all the work involved and for making this available to Cubase users.

The CPR file available from your website works great. Very easy to get the colors in place as defaults.

Great Stuff !!! :bulb:

Thank you for this !! :astonished:

:smiley:

BTW I like your stereodose mix ! :mrgreen:

Hi Sayoun

EXCELLENT job Thank you Thank you :smiley:

Best Regards

Dave

Iro’s “Track Color Pack for Cubase” works flawlessly. It is also possible - like before - to add more colors to the palette, as has been discussed.

However, I wonder if anyone know what the color-codes in the xml-file mean, and how they relate to Hex- or RGB-values.

For example: Iro’s color “Red 1” has the value 4278190080. I took a screen-shot and checked it in Photoshop, which says that the Hex/RGB values are:

Hex : FF2222

R : 255
G : 34
B : 34

So, is there any method of converting Hex or RGB values to the standard used in the xml-file…?

Thanks for this, it looks really nice. I have already added 3 more sections to it:

Pink, Brown and Baby Blue. I might add more and then once I am done I could send you the blank CPR and if you want you could post the new version on your site.

Maestro2be

Yes, many thanks for your efforts and for sharing Seyoum…! These are great - so glad you included some ‘greys’ too… :wink:

This works for new projects; how would I go about applying the colours to older/existing projects please…? (or, is that actually possible…?)

Not a problem if not…

1. Open old song

2. Click color menu

3. Scroll to the bottom and click Project Colors

4. Click Options

5. Click → Load Program Defaults to Current Set.

6. Click OK.

Done. It will completely destroy your colors that you currently have so be prepared to re-choose a color for all tracks when you do this.

Maestro2be

Thanks, looks good.
now that we have so many colors is there a way to open the color set in 2 or more rows, instead of scrolling down to invisible colors at bottom ?

+1

Very good one.

I want/need to know the same, because I’m currently based on the original colours adding new flavours to the color set and would really appreciate if I could add them simply by means of XML.

QDriver

Thanks Sayoun,

Very - very nice work !!! Loving it already :smiley: :smiley:
So useful on my large projects !

Thanks again and keep 'em coming :wink:

Dennis

BTW - does anybody know if it works with Cubase 7.02 ??

Fantastic mod, thanks Sayoun! Steiny needs to give this man a free upgrade to 8.0!

On the left hand side of your track (to the left of its name) in the project window, press ALT + Mouse. The colours are displayed horizontally as before. That works for the whole track, but if you want to change the colour of just 1 part in your track…, well I’m not at my music rig at the moment.

Thanks Seyoum - great bit of work.

Neil B

Thanks a lot for the feedaback guys. It’s really great to see you enjoy it so much. And I am glad you are helping each other out.

I believe the color codes in the XML are probably RGBA written in C. But basically there is no magic to this. I actually made all the colors inside cubase. I am most certanly no l33t haxor dude! :stuck_out_tongue: If you want to edit colors or add new ones I think the easiest way is to do it inside Cubase.

This is fantastic, so wonderful! Much love to you :smiley:

Please share, post or link…we’d love to add these colors, as well!

Hi,

and Thanks seyoum for explore to push the XML, and it’s work fine. I copie 32 Slots and change my own Colors, cool, Thank U.
[Before any Time i post (in german Forum) a Wish for a bit more Colors, but no Reaction from Steinberg…], now i’m Happy… for this Point.

(Sorry for my bad english),
Uli S.

Great Mod, thank you for this.
Most useful. :smiley: