Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

1. Open old song

2. Click color menu

3. Scroll to the bottom and click Project Colors

4. Click Options

5. Click → Load Program Defaults to Current Set.

6. Click OK.

Done. It will completely destroy your colors that you currently have so be prepared to re-choose a color for all tracks when you do this.

Maestro2be

Thanks, looks good.
now that we have so many colors is there a way to open the color set in 2 or more rows, instead of scrolling down to invisible colors at bottom ?

+1

Very good one.

I want/need to know the same, because I’m currently based on the original colours adding new flavours to the color set and would really appreciate if I could add them simply by means of XML.

QDriver

Thanks Sayoun,

Very - very nice work !!! Loving it already :smiley: :smiley:
So useful on my large projects !

Thanks again and keep 'em coming :wink:

Dennis

BTW - does anybody know if it works with Cubase 7.02 ??

Fantastic mod, thanks Sayoun! Steiny needs to give this man a free upgrade to 8.0!

On the left hand side of your track (to the left of its name) in the project window, press ALT + Mouse. The colours are displayed horizontally as before. That works for the whole track, but if you want to change the colour of just 1 part in your track…, well I’m not at my music rig at the moment.

Thanks Seyoum - great bit of work.

Neil B

Thanks a lot for the feedaback guys. It’s really great to see you enjoy it so much. And I am glad you are helping each other out.

I believe the color codes in the XML are probably RGBA written in C. But basically there is no magic to this. I actually made all the colors inside cubase. I am most certanly no l33t haxor dude! :stuck_out_tongue: If you want to edit colors or add new ones I think the easiest way is to do it inside Cubase.

This is fantastic, so wonderful! Much love to you :smiley:

Please share, post or link…we’d love to add these colors, as well!

Hi,

and Thanks seyoum for explore to push the XML, and it’s work fine. I copie 32 Slots and change my own Colors, cool, Thank U.
[Before any Time i post (in german Forum) a Wish for a bit more Colors, but no Reaction from Steinberg…], now i’m Happy… for this Point.

(Sorry for my bad english),
Uli S.

Great Mod, thank you for this.
Most useful. :smiley:

Thanks seyoum great stuff!!!

The German version is available here: Iro: Track Color Pack für Cubase - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
Translated by The*Smiler

I think the popularity of this thread demonstrates how much people would like to
have the ability to customize more/certain aspects of their chosen DAW.

Hint hint…

Thanks a ton Seyoum!

I started doing my own using similar variations of the 16 stock ones and got up to about 28 or so.

But this is great.

Thanks muchly!!!

Seyoum has been extremely generous by sharing his knowledge with the community…and I thank him!

Others have added additional colors to their color scheme but are not sharing them with us!

Does anyone else want to share their colors, as well? Or possibly explain how it’s done, so we can all jump in and help the community?

Sure, I’ll chime back in, as I’ve done this myself.

I haven’t altered any lately, so I have none to share that top what Seyoum has provided, but we can all continue either from using his or the stock ones.

1. In the toolbar at the very top, right click in the drop down menu and check ‘Color Menu’ [if not done already].

It will appear as a grey box with a small down arrow at the right of it.
[If you have ‘Show Tips’ selected in the ‘General’ section of the Preferences, it will show ‘Select Colors’ when you hover your mouse over it.]

1. Click on that down arrow & the drop down menu will display ‘Default Color’ [to click on to change the current track color], followed by all the colors currently available, followed by ‘Project Colors…’ down at the bottom.

2. Click ‘Project Colors…’ and it will expand.

3. If you click on any existing color, a color palette window opens whereby you can drag to a new shade or tone vs. the ‘Current Color’ and click ‘New Color’, and it will then be saved as is.

4. Otherwise, if you click on ‘Options’ at the bottom, another menu pops up.

5. Click ‘Append New Color’, and a white box named ‘New Color’ will be added at the bottom. [You could also click on ‘Insert New Color Before Selection’ to place it elsewhere.]

6. Click on the white box to shade it any color you like using the color palette.

7. Click ‘New Color’.

8. Click to the right to rename it, ie: Piano, Guitar if you like color consistency between projects. That way you won’t have to guess or remember what you used before. :confused:

9. Click to the right of the new name to continue on with others or click ‘OK’.

*However, ‘OK’ only saves this for the current song [project].

So…instead,

1. Click ‘Save Current Set As Program Defaults’.

One of the other options is ‘Load Program Defaults To Current Set’ to use with other projects.

It’s a good idea to set up a song [project] template with this as well.

That should do it.

HTH

James

jamusic
Thanks for sharing and being so kind to taking the time to explain the procedure, it was more than anticipated!

This must demonstrate a character flaw…imagine, some one interested In sharing his knowledge and abilities with others for no personal gain, holy cow

Long live 1969! Seyoum, you are one of a very few …thanks man.