Dongle Durability

I understand that one can perhaps not do this completely on one’s own (requiring perhaps a support request) , but I have been given to understand that this transfer of licences from dongle to dongle is possible over the’ My Steinberg’ site.
Am I wrong - or what is meant by …sort things out…?
Please explain, as I intend to buy Wave lab but put the license on my Cubase dongle, and keep the one received with Wave lab in reserve.

This is exactly what I do.

Aloha D,

Not completely broken as in; ‘does not work at all’ but more like the shell
is starting to crack etc.

And for those who do not???

{‘-’}

You can transfer licenses easily by drag and drop. Just plug them both in the same computer and open the license control center ( or whatever it is called) and transfer them between dongles. But I have not tried it with the demo license.

Same here. Really wondering how these people treat their dongles in order to make them crack and disintegrate.

Hi John,

That’s great to know if it works !! Steinberg told me that you had to manually enter each Activation Code. But in any case, I will have to try one of the other method because now the bottom of the cheap plastic casing has also fallen off !!

Paul

Mine came out of the box with a crack, but been using it for a couple of years now and the crack hasn’t grown.

I got mine too out of the box with a crack :neutral_face::arrow_right: But i keep it plugged in a usb hub thats stuck under my desk.

I would have sent it straight back for a replacement ?? !!

Perhaps off-topic, but here I am poking my idea again: Steinberg should make a small USB device that would combine eLicenser, storage and audio interface. This today is not a major technological problem. It would enable taking Cubase from the studio, and provide a basic version of Cubase that would allow location recording together with high-quality audio monitoring.

If it was durable and reliable it would be worth paying up to £100 for.

Aloha M

IMHO not at all.

Great idea.

Keep ‘um’ coming.
{‘-’}

Hi again,

Really stuck now as I think my eLisencor has failed !! I can’t get anything out of it ??

Cheers,

Paul

Hello Paul,

the third image shows the issue: the Soft-eLicenser is no longer valid.
This happens when installing a new system using an image or when upgrading to Windows 8.1 from 8 (due to the system ID changing).

As you need to force the creation of new Soft-eLicenser, the solution is the same as when the system cannot create a SeL upon installation:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/program-installation-does-not-create-a-soft-elicenser/

If you have any licenses on the Soft-eLicenser, please let me know via PM, we’ll sort it out.

kind regards,

I use this and have done on all my dongles , also remember that the pins in the dongle get bend or loose after a while so you just need to squeeze the other metal contact together and they work fine …

This tapes frigging brilliant

Thanks G-String,

I will take a look ta.

Though I am thinking I should by a new dongle and start again (as hopefully a replacement wont fall apart like my last two have). Then I could use your tape on the new dongle from the beginning.

Cheers,

Paul

Hello Fabio,

Than you for viewing my uploaded screenshots today.

I am going to phone Steinberg this afternoon (about a couple of ongoing issues which have hopefully been ironed out), and I will mention this to them (and also your kind advice). To be honest, I may just purchase a new dongle because my current one is slightly cracked (and feels very loose) even though I have an elastic band around it.

I updated from Windows 8 to 8.1 in December and the dongle worked fine (in this respect) up until this week !!

Best,

Paul

Is your dongle in that a bad state that the tape won’t secure it ?
Ive had 4 dongles so far , one of them the case completely fell off but this tape sorted it and even made it bouncy lol

GS,

If I took the band off both upper and lower plastics would fall off !!

Paul

Hi Fabio,

Yes, I installed ISO Disc Images recently for Cubase. Must have been what the issue was.

Steinberg took remote-access of my PC today and resolved it for me because I wanted to make sure that the problem would definitely get corrected.

I was also informed that Steinberg may be releasing a new dongle (maybe early next year) which is going to do the same job but much smaller in size.

Best,

Paul