musicbeat wrote:Seyoum has been extremely generous by sharing his knowledge with the community.........and I thank him!...
~ ~ ~
...Does anyone else want to share their colors, as well? Or possibly explain how it's done, so we can all jump in and help the community?
Sure, I'll chime back in, as I've done this myself.
I haven't altered any lately, so I have none to share that top what Seyoum has provided, but we can all continue either from using his or the stock ones.
1. In the toolbar at the very top, right click in the drop down menu and check 'Color Menu' [if not done already].
It will appear as a grey box with a small down arrow at the right of it.
[If you have 'Show Tips' selected in the 'General' section of the Preferences, it will show 'Select Colors' when you hover your mouse over it.]
2. Click on that down arrow & the drop down menu will display 'Default Color' [to click on to change the current track color], followed by all the colors currently available, followed by 'Project Colors...' down at the bottom.
3. Click 'Project Colors...' and it will expand.
4. If you click on any existing color, a color palette window opens whereby you can drag to a new shade or tone vs. the 'Current Color' and click 'New Color', and it will then be saved as is.
5. Otherwise, if you click on 'Options' at the bottom, another menu pops up.
6. Click 'Append New Color', and a white box named 'New Color' will be added at the bottom. [You could also click on 'Insert New Color Before Selection' to place it elsewhere.]
7. Click on the white box to shade it any color you like using the color palette.
8. Click 'New Color'.
9. Click to the right to rename it, ie: Piano, Guitar if you like color consistency between projects. That way you won't have to guess or remember what you used before.
10. Click to the right of the new name to continue on with others or click 'OK'.
*However, 'OK' only saves this for the current song [project].
11. Click 'Save Current Set As Program Defaults'.
One of the other options is 'Load Program Defaults To Current Set' to use with other projects.
It's a good idea to set up a song [project] template with this as well.
That should do it.