Mastering EFX and Channel Batch Export...

Yeah, I finally did some tests. I totally misunderstood how Channel Batch Export works.

yes, Grim, you are definitely right. I thought it would still apply stuff that happened “later” in the chain, but, no, it does not.

I thought this because when I soloed, say, my STEM 1, I would still hear it with all of the things that happened later in the chain (e.g., my Master EFX, volume changes). But, when you actually export out the stems, nope! Only what’s actually coming into Stem 1 at that point gets applied.

Well, that definitely makes Channel Batch Export not very useful to me at all! I thought I would be able to export stems of my project, but if I do wanna do that, I will still have to do it the old-fashioned way (i.e., solo a stem and export the mixdown).

The PROBLEM is, this is, yes, a mild inconvenience if you are working on, say, a song. You do 8 exports, it’ll take you 30 minutes or whatever.

But, I had been planning on doing this for a movie. So, if I wanna do 8 separate stems, it will take like 15 hours!

Does anyone have any suggestions of making this more feasible for a movie-length project (versus just isolating tracks and exporting the whole mixdown for each one)?

mike :wink: