Stereo Input

My apologies for not being clear. I understand this is a basic concept to most people here. I am not unfamiliar with midi or DAWs. I am trying to make the switch from Ableton to Cubase. Whereas Ableton configures my inputs for me, Cubase requires a little input (pun intended) from me. When I start an empty project, Cubase auto creates a stereo input for recording. I use mono inputs on my usb interface for vocal and guitar input. Mono signals. Then I will make a drum track or add reverb etc. The question is… Is it necessary to have stereo inputs in this scenario?

BTW, I have read the manual on this subject and Cubase documentation eludes to the idea if I need to record a keyboard and desire stereo, that’s one reason to use a stereo input. Something like that. Don’t quote me.

I make basic recordings. I’m a songwriter. I do however want to be using the software in a typical setup. If keyboard tracks via midi should be using a stereo input so be it. If it’s a preference thing, like recording my guitar in stereo, then no, that is not my intention.