IRSC doesn't show up in new montage

I have a finished montage ready for sending - only thing missing is the ISRC code.
I open the wizard, make sure that everything is unticked except ISRC, and apply. So far so good.
I then make some small changes in a master plugin, render again and choose open as new montage - but the ISRC is not there.
Am I doing something wrong ?
How can I be sure that the ISRC’s are in the new wavefiles ?
Mads

When you render to an audio file, the ISRC codes are not saved inside the audio file, hence nothing can be reimported in the montage.
But if you create a DDP (the format needed to produce the CD), and import that later, you will find the ISRC codes. Try it.

ok. - I have to put the ISRC in again in the new file.
Another problem is that in the new montage there is a 2 sec gap between songs although this option is not ticked in the wizard.
And btw - a looong time ago you said that you would make the default pause 0 sec.
I have to set it in the active montage everytime. I wish this option could be moved to “all montages” in the montage preferences. I almost always do cd’s and often forget to set this value to 0. I don’t see a reason for anyone to have a 2 sec gap between every tune. We always set the pauses differently according to the music.
Thnx :slight_smile:
Mads

I have to set it in the active montage everytime

Create a montage template and you will never have to do it again explicitly.

ok - got it and it works… - thank’s :slight_smile:
But I still fail to see the reasoning behind a 2 sec default…

Any default value is controversial. Personally, I hardly ever use 0 seconds and to me, 2 seconds is a very acceptable starting point.

To me, WaveLab putting in the 2 second pause breaks one of its main principles - not to do anything unless specified. This is in other cases true even for essential operations, such as dither.

Another problem is that in the new montage there is a 2 sec gap between songs although this option is not ticked in the wizard.

I don’t see what you mean, or can’t reproduce. Please explain more your case.

Sorry to interject but is this referring wrongly to the wizard? (The default gap for a new montage is found in Options / Audio Montage Preferences / Active Audio Montage / Default Gap).