Track Height Continuity Broken When Using Folders

Mmm - key commands are a bit of a fudge, because they mess with the configuration of open/closed folders you have in the Project Window.

If I have 50 folder tracks and 12 open, and for some reason the vertical zoom level has got messed up, I can create a macro that will open all folders, then set the track height on everything to 2 rows, then close all the folders again. However, I then have to manually remember which 12 folders I had open, and ope them all up individually in order to get back to where I was, with uniform track heights. There has to be a better way for this to be implemented. If I didn’t know better, I’d say this was a minor GUI bug which crept in when folder tracks were introduced. I find it hard to believe this is intentional.

Hopefully Steinberg can give it a look. Incidentally, in my case the issue is a Cubase 7.5 one, not a Nuendo one - I think I must have posted to the wrong forum by mistake. That said, I’m looking at moving to Nuendo as soon as 6.5 is released, so it’s helpful to know Nuendo behaves in the same, slightly unconventional way.

Jules