Nuendo 6.5?

Are we inside the 6.5 ‘grace period’ if we purchase Nuendo 6 now?

The N6 grace period was about 3 months… so assuming history repeats and they get it out the door in the next few months…

Hello,

according to the release plan, Nuendo 6.5 will still be released in Q2 (end of Q2).
We are currently running final quality checks. More information on Nuendo 6.5 will
be available end of this week.

Thanks,
Timo

Thanks Manchicken - be good to hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak …

I thought 5.5 was an interim update that was offered with the unlimited grace of Steinberg.
I am happy to see a tweaked version that user input has shaped. Although, I am itching to see a complete list of changes.

I’m hoping for a Cubase->Nuendo crossgrade option so I don’t have to do it myself (IE sell off my Cubase license) because I need AAF import, which I doubt Cubase will get any time soon.

End of this week alert :stuck_out_tongue:
(I’ve seen it at the Nuage Demo, though)

Ollie

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/nuendo/nuendo_6/whats_new/whats_new_in_nuendo_65.html

For a second I thought we might actually finally see VCAs or at least groups functioning like in PT. No doubt I’m happy about things like automatically adjusting to loudness targets, but the act of mixing to get to that point is still hampered by lack of basic features like the aforementioned.

I am really excited about the new features but, I was hoping for VCA’s too…!!!

%@#&!!!

I’m waiting until I see the list of bugfixes. If the showstoppers are not fixed, there will be no reason to upgrade for me.

DG

We are getting close to the end of cycle of N6 and to a new Cubase release, so that’s a good point: bugfixes. To be honest, I don’t care too much about any feature but rock solid predictable performance, with everything added working.

Still no easy way to export a click track.

I really hope for a major click management redesign with improved time-signature/click track, where you could define a type of click unit (8-note, dotted 4-note etc.) and export a click stem.

Quite right.

The Control Room has apparently been rewritten but there is no indication whether or not the number of cue sends has been increased from 4 to a more practical and professional number. I don’t understand their resistance to increasing the number - perhaps the code is incapable of handling any more. Maybe they are not aware that with the advent of iCPro only 4 sends is amateur territory. Maybe nobody knows. Maybe the number of sends HAS been increased but they are not telling us! Could somebody at Steinberg who knows what is going on please let us know the answer?

As much as new features are cool, as Antonio wrote, Bug fixes are more important. Will the rack configuration bug be fixed? This bug has been there from the very 1st N6 version and as cool as the feature is, its instability makes it unusable and I am more than disappointed that it hasn’t been fixed yet.

Dean

finally!! Will buy N6 next week with the grace period

Great stuff, have been waiting for these features forever. Now I can retire my N5.5, it served well

Available Q3 according to announcement. So much for Q2. Hopefully it will be EARLY Q3.

Also quite a bold statement from the announcement:
Nuendo’s popular add-on package, the Nuendo Expansion Kit

What a joke :laughing: . Well not that funny :frowning:

What a disappointment! Cant say more than that. I might sell the Nuendo system.

Is there a list compering the Nuendo 6 with Cubase 7, Please? I want to have a look.
People here who wanna cross-grade from Cubase to Nuendo and they have to work with POST AUDIO MUSIC(!!) or MIDI
just forget about NUENDO.

This is shameful to see the same new features of Cubase 7.5 plus ADR2(?), Improved AAF import( Is that a joke? I need to pay for that?)

No disappointment at all here…
Aaf is not a simple thing to deal with, especially when MC and PT don’t respect the standard regarding metadata… Standard they signed for at the very beginning…
And again it’s just the foundation for some bigger program wide metadata and conformation management (as we urgently need for post)
ADR2 is a big step in the right direction for post guys, too.
Needless to say to say that Nuendo is aimed for post guys in the very first place, and it must remain that way, mostly because Cubase is way not enough for post.
Which in my opinion explains very well that NEK is an option in Nuendo, and included in Cubase, for instance.
For comparison, there are tons of differences betwen Cubase and Nuendo, especially with the automation in Nuendo which alone justify the price difference in my opinion.
Just compare what crap useless automation you got in protools with the serious automation in protools HD… (No surround either in standard protools)
now compare the price between protools and protools HD… You’ll find out that Nuendo is not expensive at all.
No need to say either that protools does not allow you anymore to upgrade-crossgrade your protools in HD, you cannot buy the protools HD without an avid interface anymore and the CPTK does not exist anymore… (Seriously???)
Protools is also completely outdated regarding lanes, freeze, and offline process history, project logical editor, even video offsets, just to name a few… And it’s still way more expensive than Nuendo…
Cubendo does allow you to crossgrade smoothly when needed…
So in the end to compare two post (so no logic, live, digital perf, etc) and music aimed daws, I wouldn’t complain about a probably $50 upgrade fee… But that’s just me.
Now I can hear that for music guys the story might be a little different, but I’m curious to know what make music guys want to quit using Cubase for Nuendo… Except full automation…