Static screen in Edit Window

I don’t know what I set or unset, back when I was working out the MIDI rec arm problem. But now my edit window has become static. The auto-scroll works when it’s playing . But I can’t get the screen to update when I jump around to different locate points.

So, I’m on bar 4 and I jump to bar 28. The screen used to follow the cursor and take me to bar 28. It’s stopped doing that and I need to know what to re-set to re-gain that function. I couldn’t find anything in prefs, transport or project settings. Where else should I be looking? :question:

C’mon guys, where’s the “screen follows cursor” selection?

Hi Keyplayer:

Just turn Auto-Scroll on .

Roberto

It IS on! That’s the point. The screen shows the cursor moving during playback. But it has stopped updating when it’s not in play back.

Look. This shows the cursor at Bar 3 with Auto-Scroll on.

Now, I’ve hit Number 2 on the keypad to jump to the end. It now say’s I’m at Bar 160. But the Edit window is still showing Bar 3!

The edit window SHOULD have jumped to Bar 160. But it didn’t. How do I get THAT function back?

Hit “Transport” and see if " edit mode is selected. If it is, de-select and try to jump again.

Yep, that did it! :mrgreen: I was just getting ready to show you the screen print showing that the cursor was only showing at the very top of the edit window.

Then I saw your reply and sure enough it was the Edit mode. THANKS A LOT! :sunglasses:

U R Welcome!