WK Audio closed?

1. You are both right. I watched an 80 grand investment molder when Sonic Solutions decided that our 3 systems were too old to support.
  2. Fredo, don’t forget the airco repairs, that is if the criminals don’t steal your A/C systems (over and over).
  3. there are fewer qualified techs out there. I live in a major city and all the good technicians have quit because the DAW generation killed their business.
  4. I am HARD PRESSED to find parts for my old analog console and my many machines (24trk, 4trk, PCM-800s, Dats). Large Filter caps have all but disappeared. I had to trash a top quality amp because it was cheaper to buy a new one than to buy the filter caps for the power supply.)
  5. I have seen our investment in our Euphonix System-5 become difficult to repair because they have designed new processing cores, and frames with different faders, power supplies, and they don’t even have the parts anymore.

But what about the software end.
We had a PC loose the Mother board.
We had to build a new one.
Had to change from Win-XP to Win-7
Because of this we had to upgrade Nuendo, Wavelab, Waves plugins, $$$$$$$$$, and still not done having to upgrade to get everything to work.

Now I can’t afford to upgrade my other system, so I get the joy of having to get files created in N6,
to load in N3, you can’t cut and paste, you can only use “track archive-with media” or AAF-with media import/export. Pain, Pain, Pain !!!

Both sides of this issue are valid. There is no good answer. The Technology world is destined to kick your backside. The only thing you get to decide is, how bad, and in what way do you want to be kicked.

Later,
Brain