Recording Midi (Volume?)

Yes the ‘rol’ stands for Roland. Roland has been around for a long long time, and aren’t going away anytime soon.
Another thing I like about them is that they will keep obsolete drivers available on their site, whereas not all companies do. Some try to get you to scrap your old stuff and buy their new releases.

I had heard something about MidiSport and their driver situation.

I’ve bought a few Roland items over the years and all of them are still being used & working fine.
For instance, my first one was a P-330 Piano Module and it’s still going strong.
Never had a problem with it since 1990 - 24 years ago.

If you go with the bigger MIDISport, make sure you can get drivers for it first.

Also, whenever I can’t decide between 2 or even 3 items, I just do a google search for users reviews.

For example: ‘MidiSport 4 x 4 vs. Edirol UM 3x’.

Or in my case I did: Roland UM-550 vs. UM-880.

The user reviews will often reveal things that you won’t find out anywhere else - like on the manufacture’s site or promo brochures.

I’ve saved many a $ when just about to buy something, only to find out some small detail or two that turn out to be deal-breakers.

If it were me, I’d go the Roland way - based on previous purchases & personal experiences.