Key Editor - note selection and editing

Post general topics related to Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 here.

Key Editor - note selection and editing

Postby sycophant » Sat May 24, 2014 4:27 am

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to select a note and edit its' velocity without accidentally editing the velocity of another note, via some sort of modifier that can be used, e.g. after a note has been selected?
sycophant

Re: Key Editor - note selection and editing

Postby Rotund » Sat May 24, 2014 5:12 am

Press Control+Shift then hover over a note in a chord, a speaker icon should pop up and then you can
click and drag up and down to change velocity. You don't even have to select the note first, just hover over it.

I think I had to change the default modifiers to get this behavior.
Its under preferences/modifiers/select tool.
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.5, Reaper 4.591, Studio One, Raydat, UAD X 2, UM-3EX, Glyph eSata Audio Drive, 6TB Storage, U-He ACE, Arturia Moog Modular & Jupiter8v, Korg Legacy (MS-20, MonoPoly, Wavestation), Portico 5043/5033.

Outboard:
AKG 414-B XLII (Matched Pair), AKG D 112, Neumann TLM-193, GrooveTubes GT-66, Shure SM-81 (Pair), Sennheiser e604 (3pack), SM-57 (Many), Beta SM-57, AT-3035, Many More, Panasonic DA-7, Event 20/20p, Alesis Monitor One, Philips MMS321 Multimedia Speakers, TLAudio, HHB, JoeMeek, dbx, Moog Model D, Nordlead 2, Korg MS2000, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo, Acoustic Drum Kit, Fender Stratocaster (USA), Ibanez EXSeries Bass, Laney VC-30.
Rotund

Postby Neil B » Sat May 24, 2014 7:37 am

Click on a note in key editor and the info for that note is displayed at the top of the editor window. Dbl click to change it or (from memory) alt mouse to change to a slider.
Alternatively at the bottom of the editor select velocity, click on the note & using the pencil tool adjust the velocity

Neil
Neil B
Growing old is compulsory
Growing up is optional
https://soundcloud.com/neil-buxton/

Windows 7, 64 bit 16Gb, Intel i7-4770
Cubase 7.0 & 7.5, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 soundcard, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Omnisphere, Nexus, Vanguard, GPO, EWQLS Choirs, Kontakt 5, Kenton Kontrol Freak, Korg Nano Kontrol (1), M-Audio 88-es kybd, Camelspace, Vengeance VPS Glitch *witch* & VPS Philta XL, a shelf full of manuals and lots of other bits to try & make music with.
Neil B

Postby jamusic » Wed May 28, 2014 6:01 am

Neil B wrote:Click on a note in key editor and the info for that note is displayed at the top of the editor window. Dbl click to change it or (from memory) alt mouse to change to a slider.
Alternatively at the bottom of the editor select velocity, click on the note & using the pencil tool adjust the velocity

Neil

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you don't even need to do that.

If in the key editor, [I'm assuming], then all I do is left-click & hold on the velocity stem and the note at it's current volume sounds and continues to sounds every half second or so.
Then, [still holding down left-click], I raise or lower the velocity stem to suit, as I'm listening to the volume [velocity] being adjusted.

Another neat method, [in the key editor], is to hold & left-click and drag across the velocity stems to change them all one after another.
I can drag across to make them similar or like 'drawing', shape them into a curve, all just with the left-click & hold.
And again, hearing each note change. I can go back the other direction if some fall too low or too high.

Try it.
-C7.5.20 -Win 7-x64 Home -Intel i7-2600k -ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro -Antec High Current 520w -16 Gigs RAM
-Hyper 212+ CPU Cooler -3 SSDs -WD 1TB Black Caviar Hard Drive -2 WD & 1 Touro 1TB External USB 3 Drives
-TC Electronic SK 48 Audio Interface -Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 Mixer -Roland UM-550 MIDI Interface
-Neumann TLM 103 Mic -DBX 376 Tube Channel Strip Pre Amp/Comp -ART DPS II Tube Pre -Amp
-Yamaha P-200/88 & Nektar Panorama P6/61 Keyboards -V-Drums/Roland TD-6
-4003 Rickenbacker Fireglow Bass -5 Guitars -4 Sound Modules

jamusic

Return to General