Nuendo 6.5?

Well, that is not exactly what I mean - thanks though. In fact I am using (and love!!) the quicklink feature A LOT recently - but as it says - it LINKS the tracks…

What I mean is:

Having 3 tracks muted with instrument A (typical scenario with a guitar cab with mulitple mics)
Having 3 tracks soloed with instrument B (maybe the same setup but with slightly different settings/mic positions etc)

The rest of the mix is muted because of solo state of instr B.

Select all 6 tracks

Hit “s” and the state of A and B changes… that way you can A/B compare tracks… It is still possible in the project window. Fortunately.

I see what you’re saying although that wouldn’t work for those that use “enable solo on selected track” so it’s exploiting a specific setup for a particular use case.

Track Versions in 6.5 should allow you to do your A/B between multi-take multi-track variations without your project window solo/mute workaround.

Thanks Chewy for the answer. Should I upgrade my system to 16 GB of RAM and limit my plugins to certain brands or should I save the money for a new Mac Pro?

Thanks!

Thanks for clearing up where you’re coming from. Got it. I hope things get better for you.

I should check back in a year or two and see if it becomes a more productive atmosphere among the users here. However, I will pose a question. Food for thought.

How effective is your current strategy of browbeating and condescension towards the makers of your primary software? Are you getting the results you want? Are you enjoying the process?

Just wondered about that.

We don’t yet know what bugs have been fixed in n6.5.

Could somebody from Steinberg be kind enough to let us know what known bugs have been fixed in n6.5 and what known bugs have not been fixed?

It has actually been quite calm and friendly in here, until you reappeared. Go figure :unamused:

Antonio… I really don’t know. In my case, I’m holding off on the new Mac Pro (and Mavericks) for the indefinite future-- this old 2008 tower that I got for $1k is doing me just fine, and I don’t look forward to the expense of investing in new equipment to make my UAD stuff work (meaning either a Thunderbolt->PCIe chassis or an Apollo).

Were I in your situation I’d definitely go for the RAM, and completely troubleshoot my plugins to ensure one of them isn’t at the root of crashing. Also… if there’s ANY possibility of your having a bad RAM module-- look into that. Bad RAM can be really hard to track, and reveals itself in all sorts of inconvenient ways. Inexplicable crashes being one of them.

Like you, I get the “video service unavailable” thing every once in a while, and that infernal EuCon crash on exit. But other than that, my Nuendo has been really consistent. And those aren’t problems that are going to be solved by a new system.

I haven’t seen anything thus far to make, for me, a switch to one of the new Mac Pros very attractive at all.

That’s my perspective!

Chewy

Thanks Chewy. I think I’m going to try that route. BTW, I’ve fixed the crash on exit removing every EuCon device from the active list.

I am very glad to hear that. I should have read more before diving into the fray.

I’ll chill out.

+1

+1
Bug corrections, that´s indeed a very important point., if not THE point, especially now that the foundation for the new mixer/Nuage are there.
As for having a list of eradicated bugs right now, I sense we’re gonna have to wait for the official PDF when the update hit us.
Which in the end doesn’t change a lot, right ?
Just a bit of supens in the meantime… :wink:
(And yet if the info are already available…)

Hello,

an updated VersionHistory document including the fix list will be published as soon as
Nuendo 6.5 will be available.

Thanks,
Timo

Timo or Antonio???

LOL, Timo is publishing using my account xD

Nuendo 6.5 expected in Q3…

It’s disappointing that Steinberg have failed to meet the Q2 deadline previously announced, but looking on the bright side it must surely mean that all the bugs will be fixed when it is eventually released!

Hmm. And I thought that for once I’d qualify for a grace period update… :imp:

Honestly, I don’t care about the date, I care about bug fixes

Same here. TBH it has proven to be only marginally worth updating from N4 for me, as the new features don’t really outweigh the backwards steps and crippling bugs. However, I’ve stuck with it, but won’t upgrade to N6.5 unless some of the serious issues (for me) are dealt with.

DG

again,

What is the Grace Period ???