"select from cursor to end" doesn't always work - bug?

I’m having a very frustrating issue with the command “select from cursor to end,” as it doesn’t seem to work 100% of the time! I’m trying to use it mainly in the key editor and I can get it to work probably 50% of the time. I’m even selecting it directly from the menu as I thought my key command was broken. I make sure the key editor is the window at the front (i.e. double clicked a region from the project page), and its still a guessing game if its going to work.

A typical example of when it goes wrong is I open a midi part and its selecting all the expression map data and none of the notes! Its only when I hide all controller lanes does it finally select the notes. Re-open the controller lanes and its back to just selecting the expression map data. Like I said, this only happens about 50% of the time, the other 50% it works great, controller lanes and all.

Any ideas whats going on? Is this a bug? Wanted to get some feedback before posting in the “issues” forum. Thanks!

Looks like a bug to me. It seems to only happen when the Articualtions/Dynamics lane is open, if it’s not open and any other CC lane is, or if no CC lane is open the command works fine.

Is that what you’re seeing?

YES!! Thank you very much for your help in narrowing down exactly what causes it not to work. I will be posting this into the “issues” forum in the hopes that it can be resolved.

Thanks again SteveInChicago!! Your help in these forums is very, VERY much appreciated!! THANK YOU!!

edit: here is a direct link to my bug submission: Steinberg Forums

Confirmed…This happens here as well.
I’ve just been working around it for awhile.
I have 5 key commands set up to select 5 different controller lane presets.
Preset 5 has no controllers visible. I use this when I need to use the command in question.

Thank you for confirming as well Rotund. Guess its good to see its a problem in both mac and PC versions. My work around was to assign “hide/show controller lanes” to a key command, but the principal of the work around is the same. Hopefully they can fix this issue so a work around is no longer needed.

Anyone know why they moved my bug report to the Nuendo collected issues forum? Should I submit it again? Steinberg Forums

Hi JT3Jon,

sorry, my bad. I actually wanted to move it to the Cubase collected issues forum (which I have done by now). No need to report it again.

All the best.