Bug Report: MIDI timing issue when using Loop Points

@sdesign - I’ve found it syncs with Boom 909 quite well too. But check again! Although they sound to be playing in time, the drift is still definitely there. Again, running it alongside something external which is running at the same tempo and Cubasis is still speeding up when using loop points. So even when apps appear to sync, they’re just syncing to Cusasis’s broken MIDI clock and managing to keep up. It’s as though it’s missing out a tiny part of the loop each time it repeats.

Interesting to see no comment from the Steinberg team. They must still be investigating…

They don’t seem to comment on bugs reports, which I find a little arrogant to be honest.

They usually do actually…

Not in my experience.

Hello
I don’t have problem while syncing seekbeats (analog synth drum machine).
Sync is tight ,I can play loop during 30min ,even tweak seekbeats sounds.You re problems
Come from your apps or your iPad probably.

Hi All,

Sorry Customers, I was absence in this forum for cubasis 1.8 automation implementation.

I can confirmed 5 ms cycle jitter only on beat 1 in cycle playback with iElectribe & Cubasis.

It is hardly audible but it’s measurably.

Not all cycle jitter with midi clock and other apps is caused by cubasis, but this 5 ms jitter is definitly caused by us.

We are investigate and looking for a fix and we will inform if we have a solution.

Thanks to all the Guys they hear the grass growing.

best jan

Thanks for confirming this, Jan.

Yes, a 5ms jitter on beat 1 when looped would definitely explain why I’ve been having problems when keeping in time with an external tempo.

Hoping it’s possible to fix…

Yes thanks for confirming, glad you are working on fixing this! :slight_smile:

Has this been fixed? Thanks…

Unfortunately not :frowning:

Hi,

No, currently isn’t fixed. We will inform you, if we have a fix.

best
jan

Im getting this problem also. Still no news?
Im hoping someone has found a workaround. I hope it’s not, dont use loops point when syncing!?

Hi Richtowns,

Please provide us with the project plus exakt step by step description, so we’re able to reproduce the issue.
Please use Dropbox or something similar for the upload and let me have the download link via private message.

Best,
Lars

Hi all and Steinberg support. I’m a new Cubasis user and a new forum member.

Logged in because I have the same problem mentioned on this thread. Cubasis 2 midi timing looses sync when using loop points. Without loop points the sync seems to work. I have iPad pro with latest iOS and my interface is Roland Duo-Capture EX. I bought Cubasis to be used as a companion for my Ditto x4 looper and because of this bug it’s completely useless for me.

This bug was found long time ago, any news or plans to fix it? Thanks!

Ok. I just updated my iOS and downloaded Garageband 2.2. It now has midi clock out and stays in perfect sync when using loop points. My journey with Cubasis is over. It’s funny, GB costs 4,9USD and works like a charm. Cubasis costs almost 50USD and is full of bugs and the support seems to be, well, there ain’t no support. Have fun with the bugs!

Hi tuquoque,

Thanks for your message.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re unhappy with Cubasis.

The same way I’d like to let you know that we take customer support and maintenance for our Cubasis app very seriously - as you can see with the high number of free updates over the years.

In my last reply, I’ve asked you for the exact steps to reproduce the problem.
This helps us trying to reproduce the problem and giving you a feedback.

Thanks,
Lars

Hi! Thanks for replying. What exact steps do you need? Just make a drum loop track, turn it’s loop points on, sync the app with external midi device and see/hear if it stays synced. It will not. Every time the loop starts from the top, the time gab between Cubasis and external device grows. Just try it and you’ll learn.

EDIT: And if I may remind you, you’ve had the “exact steps” three years ago 2014 (read the thread from the top) and one of your staff members (Jan Hiltmann) verified the bug exists promising there will be a fix. It’s been three years, for heavens sake!

Hi,

Please refer to this topic to learn how to file a bug report:

Best,
Lars

Ok, let’s do this.

1. Summary/Title
    (Provide a short but descriptive sentence that summaries the issue or feature request)

ANSWER: Cubasis 2.2 looses sync when using loop points

1. Description
    (Provide a detailed description and list the step by step process to reproduce the issue to help the team to understand and reproduce the problem)

ANSWER:
A) Greate a new file and name it
B) Add a Cubasis internal drum loop to track 1
C) Turn on the Loop points (any measures)
D) Turn on the midi clock out
E) Choose the used midi out device and midi channel
F) Click Play
G) Record the loop to external midi gear in real time
H) Let the devices play in sync

1. Expected Results
    (Describe what you expected to see)

ANSWER: You would expect the Cubasis to stay in sync with external midi device as all the similar software’s (like Garageband) do.

1. Actual Results
    (Describe what you actually saw)

ANSWER: Cubasis looses sync. Every new round of played loop points grows the time gap. The problem exists no matter how long the time between loop points is (tested 1-8 measures)

1. Environment
    (Count the hardware and software including version numbers being used)

ANSWER:
Hardware: iPad Pro 9.7"
Operating system: Apple iOS 10.3.2
Software: Steinberg Cubasis 2.2
Midi interface: Roland Duo-Capture EX
External midi gear: TC Electronic Ditto x4

And I wan’t to stress, my gear is working. The same setup and procedure with Garageband 2.2 works perfectly, the sync is tight. Let me know if there’s something else you need, thanks!