Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

Thanks for expanding on this Neil.

I have that in my details 10 posts up in item # 9, but unless someone reads all the way through it, they might not know this, so I think it’s good that you have it separated in detail here.

Hey Buds - I don’t want to knit-pick or get into the details of semantics

…but…

I was reading through this thread again, and I’ve noticed 4 different times that ‘Seyoum’ has been spelled wrong. [ie: Sayoun, etc.]

Now it may not be that big a deal…but…with all due respect, Seyoum has gone to great lengths to do this & share it with us all.

So…could we not at least honour him in return within our thank you posts by also making sure we get the spelling of his name right?

Seems only fair & reasonable doesn’t it? :slight_smile:

Hi

Did all what you described and it’s working.

Brilliant :exclamation: Thanks a lot :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

Thanks for doing this

Hahaha thanks, but I don’t really care. Call me whatever you want. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very well then Seyoum - I just think it’s the very minimum level of respect that you truly deserve for all your efforts. :slight_smile:

I see in your initial picture you assigned each shade to a different track. Is there a way to assign different shades of colors to multiple tracks within a folder? For example I have all my synths in a folder, and want all my synths to be blue, but not all the same blue. Do I have to manually select each one, or is there a way to assign “multiple shades” of a color to multiple tracks?

I must admit, MOTU digital performer is MUCH better at coloring tracks. Steinberg should take a look at how they do it and base a new system off that method IMO.

Hello Seyoum,

This is fantastic.
Since you are more focused on user needs and less in “selling the next update” can you also develop a proper “bounce in place” :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

On the contrary, it demonstrates that some things are already highly customisable, but that only some people can be bothered to make use of this. Fortunately, this one is also happy to share his work!

On the contrary, while it is customizable…and indeed very few people will spend a great amount of time making use of this…just imagine if Steinberg spent the same amount of time Seyoum did! This would be a huge eye-candy improvement that I think would boost sales.

As I have mentioned in another forum, I wish more people would share their macros and logical editor creations too. There are few tutorials about the logical editor and fewer who seem to share functions. Maybe most just use the presets already provided by Steinberg in the logical editor?

The DAW that helps the user achieve his goals most efficiently ultimately wins. Should the user spend time with color improvements or producing music?

Anyway thank you again Seyoum. Even though Steinberg created the framework, you spent hours doing this, and I’m appreciating it every day!

What Steinberg have done is make it possible to have an almost limitless number of colours (if you have the patience and the need) and provided just 16 of those by default. If they had spent all their time making maybe 100 colours the default, some of us might find that to be too many :smiley:

Awesome…thanks a lot seyoum

wonderful jobs thanks a lot

Does anyone know if this will work in Elements?

People here may be interested in my pastel track colours.

Thread here.

Thanks for the new colors but using this method replaces the default file instead of adding to the already 64 colors by Seyoum. Can you include a txt file with colors codes to add and not replace the files already in the xml file?

Thanks again for your wonderful work!

Thank you. I’ll try it tonight. It will be a great help for the eyes.
Terry

Seyoum, I’ve made a release of your colour set with some pastel colours on the end. Mind if I release this to the public?

Tom

Thanks bud, leaving a note to check this out over the weekend.

again thanks for sharing the hard work.

I’m confused… is this supposed to be impressive??.. I’m still on Cubase 6 and you have complete control over selecting and adding new colors. You can select from any RGB value you see fit.

Or did they take that functionality away in 7 or 7.5???