Displaying a Sample Rate miss match?

Here I have the behavior like Fredo said… Orange! I am using RME as well but on Win7… I had it before that “something” stucks when changing from 44.1 to 96 (smux) or back - for example I was not able to playback a file via Mediaplayer (there comes an error message regarding “missing codec” or stuff…)

I usually switch the SR duplicator in the RME software a few times back and forth (88.2 → 44.1 → 88.2 → 44.1) which forces the system to follow…

But when we are here - are there any options to avoid “not realizing” a SR missmatch regarding imported files?

How often it happened that I received a song for a quick testmaster, I import the file in my Nuendo Mastering template (usually everything at 44.1) - lets say this is a 48khz file which is NOT named in a correct way (files coming from home studios (and even from “commercial” studios are usually named like “song.wav” or “song-new.wav”…)

It happened that I listened to a 48khz song at 44.1 - liked the deep tuning and the fat sounding snare etc :slight_smile:)
(When doing rock/metal/alternative it CAN sound like that)

Did a testmaster, liked the result, uploaded, get feedback a la “haha, what’s that?!”… opened the project, changed the SR, listened to the correct sound now - everything sounded thin, high pitched and “not fat anymore”… well… Usually it is just funny :slight_smile:)

I hope this was some nice entertainment now - sorry for hijacking… :slight_smile:

Brandy