Direct monitoring on mac?

Hi Folks,

I appreciate all your replies. For whatever reason I didn’t get notifications on this thread. Probably b/c I posted via…MY IPHONE :slight_smile:

Anyway, yeah it doesn’t really help me to know that I have to buy a Steinberg interface. If I were solely committing to Nuendo…it still wouldn’t solve my issues unless it has the same I/O as the Fireface. I route 16 input via ADAT from my Lynx Aurora and have the 8 analog ins on the FF - actually 10 analog for a total of 26 inputs. It happens frequently enough that I need more than 16 inputs and I certainly need all 16 from my Lynx. Even the Nuage stuff at $3,300 is only 16 channels and I already have a converter that I like.

I’m not at all familiar with the solution people are talking about regarding Totalmix and I’ve had it for a long long time. Sure you can set up zero latency bounce back but it becomes a total mess when you’re punching in. If you have a solution to this problem I’d love to hear it. Simultaneously muting the Nuendo Channel while hitting record really doesn’t work.

I was also really disappointed to see that Digicheck doesn’t work. I miss that a LOT.

At any, thanks again for trying. FWIW, the UAD Apollos would solve this problem too but…I like the lynx conversion better. My next move will probably be to a PTHD native. The Omni sees the Lynx (with a LT card) as an Avid 16 so I get all the inputs and get to keep my Lynx. The only problem there is it’s only 2 channels of low latency input. But…that actually MIGHT be enough. It’s only ever overdubbing that I have to do once a mix is put together.

Oh yeah, running on low latency doesn’t work at all. My typical projects are maxing out 6 cores of UAD, running The Grand 3, VB3 and at least a few channels of Melodyne, Lexicon PCM, etc. I need at least a 1024 buffer for it to run smoothly, and that’s on a 3.5ghz i7 imac (current model) with 16gigs of RAM. The UAD stuff gets all buggy at low latencies.