Nuendo 6.5 announced

I don’t think it’s appropriate for a moderator to throw out jokes, when half of their users are worried about the future of their favorite DAW (Mix Console, Control Room, clicke-ty-click +++).

Even though I’m not offended about it, it will certainly devaluate your (the moderators) credability.

So be careful not to “clown” up this part of the forum, like on the Cubase side. Just sayin’.

Thank you for voicing my real intentions iBM, I’m sure this is even more helpful as my Karma remark.

I just want to point out that there is no secret strategy, conspericy, economic ripp-off or “let’s annoy our customers” behind the postponing of the release. There are many things that need to be synchronized when putting out a new version, even if it’s only a .x version. So the reason why the release date is shifted is not because of a trival thing.

The only thing you accomplish with the “tik-tok”, “… so many days left”, “are they gonna wait until the last day …?”, “Missed the release data again …” comments is that the Powers That Be will be more and more reluctant to actually announce a timeframe. Even though it is always announced as “to be expected”.

expect
/ɪkˈspɛkt,ɛk-/

regard (something) as likely to happen.
predict, forecast, foresee, prophesy, envisage, envision

Fredo

I actually found this really funny…

I did not find it funny, as the way Steinberg is ruining their daws really makes me sad.

The difference between ‘is expected to be’ and ‘will be’ is about the same as the distance between Venus and Pluto. It’s a very long way.

I just hope that this side of the forum will NOT end up like that one on the other side (Cubase side, for those who didn’t get it :wink:)
Mod damn it, I miss the old Nuendo forum.

Hallo. Still waiting for the “fix list”. I have problems with Nuendo on a daily basis (even with just open or close the program- takes years).
We need to know asap what we are getting on the 6.5

Well, then I suggest you try to troubleshoot the problem and/or call support, because this is clearly a problem with your setup/system.
If it would be a bug, then every user would experience the same problem.

Fredo

I did not find it funny, as the way Steinberg is ruining their daws really makes me sad.

Quick, someone tell my clients that my DAW is getting ruined and I won’t be able to use it to make money anymore. Hyperbole! Hyperbole! :open_mouth:

That is not true - Looking at all of the most recent N6 and N5 update announcements, they ‘announce the release of…’. or ‘’ bla, bla… is made available’ - that is not the same as ‘Steinberg has announced Nuendo 6.5, the upcoming new version of Nuendo, expected to be released in Q3 2014.’. This announcement was made at the last minute just so that something was announced in Q2 !

Is there a chance that the recording error will be fixed in this update. It is annoying that Nuendo 6 cannot be used for recordings anymore, since it often stops recording. It is particularly embarrassing in an ADR session, when I have to explain to clients that that last great take was not fully recorded as Nuendo stopped recording in the middle of it. But Nuendo 5.5 does not have the great ADR features.

Have no idea what you are talking about Max.
If this was a bug, then this forum would be flooded by people complaining about the same problem.
Try to find a patter, clues, repro, … anything that can help to identify the problem.

Fredo

I posted that here when Nuendo 6 came out and got some feedback from people experiencing the same thing. So it seems to be a bug. I only have this with Nuendo 6. Nuendo 5.5 records just fine.

Best,

Max

This is the original thread.

Hmmm … strange.
My guess it’s a problem specific to your setup. FF800?
Have you looked at the RME forum?
Sure it can be a combination of things, which triggers a bug in Nuendo. Not saying that there is no problem.
Only thing I know it’s an isolated problem, which makes it pretty much impossible to chase.
The only clue we have for now is FF8000, MacPro and the OS …

Fredo

ok I will check out the rme forum. But the FF800 is not a rare interface. And if it isn’t the FF800 then that means that Nuendo is not save for recordings on some Macs. I get this mistake a lot. If I do ADR for two hours, Nuendo breaks up the recording at least 2-3 times.

Best,

Max

We have used nuendo 6 recording for countless hours, and it never falls out of record.
We ought to have seen the same thing if it’s a general issue.
We did get aborts Occaisionally using 5.5 though.
OSX fireface 800.

As reported in the original thread, much of the same gear and have never had anything like this happen on either desktop or laptop. Often recording for many hours at a time.

Chewy

Yes, we have already concluded that it does not occur on many systems. But it does on some, since I am not the only one reporting it. And I am not using a home made computer, but a Mac Pro with only original software. So it does not seem to be save to use Nuendo 6 for recordings on certain Macs.

Best,

Max

Well I can’t seem to see from the quoted thread nor here that you did any major trouble shooting?
When programs misbehave you just have to.

Possible hardware issue? Check the front of the ff800 unit immediately after a failed recording, a bad fw connection or computer port can drop the connection briefly with the ff800 (without the computer giving a error message and it may still partially work). That caused similar issues for us a few years ago. Check that the computer led is green and not red.

Try another audio interface with different drivers (not fw).

Otherwise did you do the basics:
Did you remove all third party plugins?
Did you make sure the dongle was inserted in the computer USB port (not in a extender/hub)?
Did you run any additional software at the time?
Do you still have plenty of free ram when it cancels recording?
Do you mix 64&32 bit plugins?

The above takes just a few minutes to check and is not hard to do.

If any of the above changes the behaviour then you know where to keep looking.

If not, some more time might be needed. Get a fresh hard drive, do a fresh so install, no plugins, just install the drivers and Nuendo, test again.
If the problem is gone then the problem is on your old OS drive. Spend more time to fix it or just keep going with the new drive until you install something that seems to cause it again.

If you do all the above and the problem still persists then it may be a general issue with some specific mac model, but that is impossible to say without properly trying to find the culprit first.