The continuing saga of the jog wheel....

Regarding this problem with the jog wheel, MC Control Jog Track Select Question - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums

Here is the list of all the attempts I’ve made to get it function correctly.

1. Followed manual instructions and programmed the jog wheel to turn Left. Saved the command then loaded it into the MC’s Surface command for the jog wheel.
  2. Followed manual instructions and programmed the jog wheel to turn Right. Saved the command then loaded it into the MC’s Surface command for the jog wheel.
  3. Programmed the touch surface directly with it’s own jog wheel commands. This included Left only, Right only, L&R and R&L together.
  4. Programmed the touch surface directly with it’s own jog wheel commands. This time using Left and Right arrows. This included Left only, Right only, L&R and R&L together.
  5. Programmed the touch surface directly with it’s own jog wheel commands. This time using Up and Down arrows. This included Up only, Down only, Up & Down and Down & Up together.
  6. Finally took a “nuclear option” and did a clean restore to factory settings of Eucon (which now requred that I re-write all of my shortcuts and other mods in other areas from scratch!) and cleared the touch surface settings to nothing!

All of these attempts led to the same result. If I turn the jog wheel right, my mixer channels scroll left! If I turn the jog wheel left, my mixer channels scroll right!

Someone at avid said it was a logitec mouse issue. I’m using a Kensington trackball. Does it work correctly on Macs? If so, why won’t it work on PC? This is such a simple command. Why is it soooo hard to get this thing to scroll the channels in the SAME DIRECTION that I turn the jog wheel?!!?

This is supposed to be my swipe strip (like Nuage or Tango) for scrolling quickly through channels. It works better than the trackball and cursor because once I land on the channel I need, I can launch the channel edit button from a single button KC on my Xtra keys, as opposed to having to waste time moving the TB up to the icon to select it. Also, when the screen is crowded, I don’t have to change the window just to reach the cursor. So it’s pretty important to improved workflow. Is it too much to ask to have the scroll and the wheel moving in the same direction? WTH?