[ISSUE] Cant open device panes

Using Nuendo 6.0.7 on MacOS 10.9.3

PROBLEM: I can’t open and view device panes properly when Eucon/Euphonix control surface is added to the device pane.

REPRODUCE:

1. Open a project (WITH EUCON control surface pane added to the Device Setup window)
  2. Select (for example) the VST connections window from the Devices menu. The connections window does not appear. Similarly, using my assigned function key F4 doesn’t work.

This problem seems a bit random as if I create a new project, I can open device panes but if I save, close and reopen, I then can’t.

There appears to be a new function under the WINDOW menu, the window dialogue panel which seems redundant when it was so easy to open and close windows with the functions keys, without having to have another window cluttering the interface.

Am I missing something?

Maybe you have dragged the panel by mistake out of the range of your screen.
Change the screen resolution to see if you can get it back that way.

Fredo

OK, further tests show that if these device panes (for example the VST connections window and the mix consoles) are set to “always on top” then selecting them from the devices menu (or pressing the associated key command) will toggle the visibility of these panes on or off - so that is the behaviour that I expect - so that’s good!

If however the “always on top” is unchecked, then their visibility can be hidden (behaviour I expect) but once hidden, selecting them from the devices menu doesn’t restore them. However, if the “device setup” window is then selected from the devices menu, then the device setup window appears, but also reveals the the missing window. This occurs even if the window is in its own free screen space, uncovered by any other window.

Is this the behaviour you would expect?

So, is this a reproducible bug, expected behaviour or something specific to my setup?

Fredo,

Please could you give some input to my issue report.

Thanks

However, if the “device setup” window is then selected from the devices menu, then the device setup window appears, but also reveals the the missing window. This occurs even if the window is in its own free screen space, uncovered by any other window.

I installed N6 on a fresh 10.9. this week and yes, I could reproduce exactly what you describe; the “device setup” window recovers the missing windows.

Oswald

I have no clear explanation but the issue I’ve been experiencing seems to have resolved itself. I repaired disk permissions again, created a new project again, toggled the recommended options in the Mission Control preferences on and off again, rebooted, switched off and the next day things seem back to normal. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

Unfortunately, after a week of working flawlessly, the problem has recurred so I can’t open a mixer window unless a) it has been set to “always on top” or b) I open the Devices Setup panel first.

I’m not sure why this bug has recurred but it may have been related to Nuendo crashing afterI had added a Eucon (Euphonix) device in the Device Setup panel.

This isn’t a show stopper but its making it difficult to use Nuendo efficiently.

Are there any other Euphonix users getting a similar problem?

Just to restate what the problem is: I’m unable to open some of the device panels (for example, the Mixer Window), if I have Eucon (Euphonix) added as a control surface to the device setup window. Here are some other things I’ve noted:

Starting from the project window, I can’t open the mixer window unless I first open the device setup window.

If I then change the mixer window to “always on top” I can open and close it.

If I delete the Eucon/Euphonix control surface panel from the devices setup pane, quit and restart Nuendo, the problem has gone.

Fredo, what is my best chance of getting this looked into? It is stopping me from using my hardware controllers. Thanks.

Hey,

Having the same issue in N6 64 Win Ultimate.

Tried rolling back to older version of eucontrol. Same issue with mutliple versions. Load a project and open windows in the devices menu. Add Eucon adapter and issue starts. Reproduced many times.

Using key commands can restore the dead windows. They don’t show in the windows dialogue for managing open windows. I updated Artist firmware (1.5.2) and to the latest version of Eucontrol 3.2.1 and issue persisted.

EDIT:Rebuilt preferences and now it seems to be working!