Groove Agent 3 (32/64bit) ?

Ok,
I might be confused as I thought you were having trouble getting your midi onto an audio track. Your excellent video showed your doing that already. What you seem to really be after is recording MIDI data. For that I would concentrate on the 32 bit version of Cubase and G3. If you take this task on in 64 bit land your really going to be up against the headwinds as that is more involved. So my advice is to get the recording of MIDI down and working prior to going onto 64 bit land.

So this might be as simple as hitting a switch in Groove Agent. To get Groove Agent 3 to produce recordable MIDI you need to do this:

1. Bring up the GA3 main GUI and in the lower right corner, click edit.
  2. In about the same area of the GUI click, setup.
  3. On the right hand side of the screen about 1/3 of the way down you will find a section called ‘Groove Agent MIDI Output’. Select the ‘Live To Host’ setting.
  4. Hit the Close button and then close again to get back to the default screen.
  5. Arm your MIDI track, start GA3 and click record on the transport.
    You should now be recording MIDI notes.

Now on your next question of being able to hit record and have it start GA3 at the same time. I know of no way to do this. However if were to put the focus (highlight) the GA3 window there might be a way with key commands or a macro to do this. There is also another way to produce MIDI and get it into Cubase. This is done in the same area where we made the switch setting to allow MIDI recordings. Instead of ‘Live To Host’ we make the selection of ‘Record To FIle’. You then start GA3 and in the window that shows bmp, fill on and off and other such info. There is an icon of an eyeball and if you hover your mouse over it, it pops up “Groove agent Record To File”. Click that after GA3 has played a while and it will write a file to your desktop. Now it has been a while but I think you used to be able to drag and drop that file on your GA3 MIDI track and boom you had MIDI. But it will not allow me to do that on this end so I tried importing it, not sure that is working either. I will play with it a bit and see if I can figure it out.

Good luck Paul!
LB