Suitable Drum VSTi Player (help?)

Been doing some testing with Jamstix and Superior Drummer on the amount of VST resources they consume. I get SD going full tilt and it takes maybe 10% of the peak VST resources. Jamstix on the other hand runs at about 40% with peaks on complex drum hits up to pegging the meter at 100%. Realize this is with a lot of things done to it as suggested by Voodoo. I want to thank Voodoo for his help! But the fact remains that Jamstix is resource intensive and in MHO needs some work in this area big time. I like it for the ability to create human like drum tracks and being able to vary them. Also for using it as a trigger for other drum programs. But in it’s present form, at least on my system it is limited in usage. I have posted on their forum a question asking if 3.6 will address this situation. So far no replies. So it is a wait and see deal. Another thing, they DO NOT allow you to go back and download older versions, which from reading their forum, they seem to indicate that some versions were ok in this regard. So no help in that department. Good thing it is not a $300 app or I would be a bit more PO at them. As of this point I am taking a middle of the road approach and perhaps with more experience I will be able to use it more.

Another thing I realized about Cubase is that you can turn off all things related to a plug in the inspector and it still draws VST resources. That is not good, but maybe I am not doing that correctly. If anyone has a way to disengage plugs so that VST resources are not consumed I am all ears.

Thanks,
LB