Studio pics!

Ironic.

I can deal with most aspects of Cubase with no probs.

But my phone… waaaaaaay too complicated for me.

And folks can take pictures with it?
—go figure. :slight_smile:
{‘-’}

… and:

• internet
  • email
  • gestures
  • apps and widgets
  • sharing screens with a FHD TV!

Where did we go so wrong? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

Hello,

Is everyone’s phone camera broken? Where’s all the pictures? Only talk-fest going on here!

I’ll pile on, why not.

Hugh

Wow! Got enough pixels there?

Non-trivial setup there!!

Hopefully those last pics from Hugh won’t put people off posting.
I think most people are interested in seeing more amateur and personal setups.

Was a bit overwhelming! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It does look like a full AV production suite, for several people just on the mixing desk, let alone the other desks!

However it may appear to dwarf our own efforts, we must remember ‘horses for courses’ - we have what we have because that is what we actually need given our finances, and celebrate that.

And remember, those pictures are of a facility that has to be very busy to justify the outlay. With our own fit-for-purpose studios, we get to work at our own pace, without the commercial pressures.

Well, that is how I think to stop feeling our setup is totally inadequate! :wink: :smiley:

Nice setup CMaffia, thanks for sharing!

@Hugh: I think you just won :p. Looks amazing!
I personally like to see small and big setups, both have their own charm :slight_smile:

Hello,

Wasn’t trying to show off, I apologize if anyone thought so, those were PR pics from the launch hence all the logos. Patanjali, you’re correct, we must stay very busy to keep these facilities running. We specialize in entertainment broadcast trucks (EU-speak=“OB Van”). Really big ones. :slight_smile:

Hugh

I was wondering why it was missing the ‘lived in’ look! You know the piles of detritus built up at the boundaries of people’s working areas.

Seriously not meant as a rebuke, sorry if it sounded that way. My only concern was that many with “bedroom” ,cellar or makeshift studios would feel self-conscious about posting pictures of their setups. Hopefully not.

Wow enjoyed finding this thread!!! This is where I drink wine and eat pizza,

A couple more photo

Oh wow, nice collection of keys!
Nice DAW setup too, cool place Kenny :sunglasses:

Thanks! It’s my home and Studio I also have Pearl E-Drums and 2 Leslie (122 and 45). I also have a few old synths like emulator 2 and Ensoniqs and old roland mods but they need some work and I just benched them. Maybe one day I will get that E2 working again, it’s still the best sounding instrument I ever owned. I went all VSTi for a couple of years but find that its just more fun to play the real keys.

I need a Vocal Booth & I have been using a bathroom for guitars didn’t want to put those photo up thou :blush:
Kenny

Show them! Those would the The Coolest Thing in this thread.

I would love to see a 2 x 12 cab balanced upon the crapper! :laughing:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch …

It’s not much, but I finally got my Pro 40 rack mounted. Picked up some IsoAcoustics stands for my KRK monitors, too. Little by little …

Looking good Scab, how is that preamp? It looks fancy :slight_smile:

Thanks, Strophoid. The pre is just a budget priced Studio Projects VTB-1. It’s great for a direct bass guitar input. The “tube blend” has been useful for “softening” the input to Amplitube, also. Still experimenting … :wink:

Hi!

It’s nice to see all the studios! So here’s mine, tight but comfortable (as long as I’m alone!).

Enjoy!

Exactly like you call it, tight but with a really nice atmosphere and some nice gear too!