Steinberg hub coming to Nuendo...

I do see the humor in myself. I smiled when I read your post.

Seems to me that the Hub is SB’s attempt to consolidate enhanced functionality for project file management. Potentially saves a click or two in some cases, I would think. In that regard, I think it works pretty well. The issue is that some users seem to be offended by text displayed on the left half of the Hub dialog to the degree that they are unwilling to use it.

I suppose people realize that you can disable the Hub from ever appearing on its own but still open it from within your project. And if the point of using the “Remove From Recent List” is to deal with file management when not in front of clients, I guess I fail to see what’s such a deal breaker here.

So the way I see it, even only accessed when working by yourself, and only opening when you command it to, the Hub’s display of available updates, etc is so personally offensive to some that they cannot deal with it. One extra click, by my count. Because SB did not do it the way “User X” would have, it’s wrong and unusable.

Personally, this “issue” would be placed far down the list of things I consider a problem. And since this is a forum, I think it’s OK to think that, right?

Still smiling.