30th Anniversary, anything for loyal customers?

Happy Anniversary!!!

we are having a party,we are celebrating!

Errr, your name is not down - you are not coming in!

I’m loyal to Cubase in the way I am loyal to today’s Apple. There are few warm fuzzies from either company but what there is, are products I pay top dollar for because they are worth it. I could say I pay their wages, but that would be ignoring that I get my money’s worth or I will stop buying. Cubase is so complex there are still times when I leap up from my workstation and say “That is SO cool”.

However they really can’t expect a lot of warmth when their eggs fall out of that one high quality basket, nor do I suppose it bothers them much as there are also times when I shake my head and say Why would they be THAT stingy? ( Refusing to give MR users the same consideration as UR by freeing up plugs we already own in the more expensive hardware - without any extra effort at all)

Really though. Look what Steinberg has built. It’s worth every last penny, isn’t it? Has anyone exhausted it’s possibilities?

Happy Anniversary Steinberg. I don’t care if you are tight on the party hats as long as you keep making products worth paying full cost for. It’s a fair exchange made at the point of transaction.

I’m not offended by an “It’s just business” attitude, if business is all it actually is.

Aloha guys,

IMHO
If it was just a Steiny decision I would say something might happen.

But the Yamaha folks??? Dunno.

Never say never.
{‘-’}

BTW they already had the ‘party’ and did not even post any sound clips.

Yes, I found the offering quite offensive…we should have received some sort of recompense on a product or two! I asked of their FB page for a more reasonable discount on HALion 5, for the 30th without a reply, of course!

Having a Birthday Bash, inviting new members to party but not including us to take part (the one’s who’ve bought, troubleshot, etc.) throughout their products for years…is quite an insult!

Steinberg, we should have been included, first…!

“Offensive” is the right word zu use here, yes.

I feel offended by the 30 year anniversary offer, too.

Why the hell does Steinberg have to give you anything for X amount of years? Answer that and stay fashionable. This conversation is ridiculous and etc etc etc.

I’ve been on this planet for many many many years. God owes me a solid gold yacht and I want it now.

You’re so wrong, jimzepellin.

Steinberg gives an upgrade gift, but not something to the people who already got the full version of Cubase, which is like a slap to the face.

But there will always the odd fanboy who lets everybody walk over him.

For clarification:

If there was NO gift at all, there would not be any problem. But Steinberg preferring people who don’t have the full version over those who have is just insulting.

It’s called marketing, no more no less. Steinberg isn’t Santa. Get over it.

It’s not about “not being Santa”, it’s about outright insulting the existing customer base.

You can be as much as a sheep / fanboy as you want, but I still fully disagree with you.

would be kind to let all registered user to celebrate not only for upgrading to full cubase !!
or at least give us free dinner at Hooters :wink:

I mean if 100 people feel relevance and ten don’t???

They don’t have to give anything - yes that is right, they want people to upgrade and spend money, i get it- business is business. . sometimes to keep business going long term and make more revenue you just have to give a little or even acknowledge in some shape or form. just common courtesy no??

personally don’t think this is irrelevant - we can ask? no? we can surely make our feelings known even if it gets ignored. the more people share their opinions on this - must be a positive move? all I am saying is -please don’t rub it in my face …das all
:slight_smile:

I hadn’t really given this much thought until now.

Now, I’ve decided to give it no more thought.

Whatever I might save on some special promotion will surely be lost within the cost of booze and cigarettes (among other things) … :laughing:

But, but … what about ME! I deserve something, too! :unamused:

Get over it, people. When you paid for your software, you must have thought the price was fair at that time? If I remember correctly, Steinberg was offering refunds for those who felt completely screwed over by their Cubase 7 purchase.

Every time a company offers a promotion, someone is going to feel like he just took a high, hard one. It’s happened multiple times with me and IK Multimedia, for example. It’s just the way things work. I guess you would have been happy if they offered nothing to nobody?

I’m not a “fanboy”. Just stating the obvious facts for the overly-sensitive types …

At least Santa has a retention strategy :laughing:

>>>UPDATE YOUR BRAIN HERE<<<

Don’t have a car, but do have Cubase AND paid for it, AND I thought it rather insensitive, but unfortunately typical of companies these days, that SB is more giving to those who resist supporting them than those who do.

It is part of the thinking that customers are taken for granted unless they start not being so ‘loyal’.

It is not a sense of unearned entitlement here, but an expectation of respect for a long-term mutually-beneficial relationship!

hear hear!!

Respect!!das all we want, it has been a milestone. its still just business in the long run, they will have something to gain most likely, unlike parents of a spoilt brat.
Dont how this became an entitlement.

If you announce an anniversary offer…it should at least be an offer :confused: :confused: :confused:

For your 30th birthday party, are you only inviting people you don’t know? Happy birthday :laughing:

Well, it is an offer to me. I’m on 6.5 baby!

The bottom line is, they don’t have to offer anyone squat. If you can’t comprehend that, in the immortal words of Will Ferrell, "its your own damn vault "

…and Woodcrest also doesn’t understand the main problem here.

The problem is that the BEST customers of Steinberg get NOTHING, while customers who are not as good, get a good offer.

Thats like Steinberg saying: “we got your money, now we are not interested in you anymore”. While at the same time handing out goodies to those who have nothing.

If there was no offer at all, there would not be any discussion.

hahahahahahahahahah genius :smiley: