N 6.0.7 64 bit crashing on exit

Well, my crashing is back. I still think it is something to do with my MIDI Motue Microlite. Can anyone really get an explanation as to what or why this is happening? What midi interface are other people using with W8.1?

Actually, it is pretty serious for me because it is happening on a fresh install of Win7 and Cubase 6.5 with no 3rd party plugins installed…Because I have to force quit every time, Cubase will not save my preferences, plugin locations, or even my audio interface (a UR824).

Having invested over £1000 in the hardware and software, I expect it to work. What I don’t expect is continual excuses for not fixing it, and finger pointing at 3rd parties. Other software developers can get their software to work, so you’d expect Steinberg to be able to as well.
It’s fairly pathetic to be honest, and insulting to expect your customers to pay hundreds of pounds to upgrade with no guarantee that it will fix the issue.

I just came from Win8.1 because of some severe driver instabilities with Cubase 6.5, the UR824 and certain 3rd party VSTi and plugins…but at least it worked.

After 7 or more hours of diagnosing and trying everything I can to fix this issue, it persists, so I am pretty angry and frustrated at this point…I just want to be creative, not struggle to make Steinberg’s software work. It should just work!

I published a workaround a page ago: N 6.0.7 64 bit crashing on exit - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums

I just installed 3.1.3 (up from 3.1.2) and I tried your “remove from surfaces” idea. The good news is that N6.0.6 did not crash on exit. The bad news is that Eucon was still ABSENT when I restarted a second session. Nuendo didn’t see the MC and vice versa. I’m on a PC, does that matter?

Also, my tracks screen DOES NOT UPDATE when I go beyond the listed tracks. I read a post that said the screen did update when using Eucon Ver. 2.7.1. Is that correct? would I be able to restore that function IF I were running this iteration, or will it not work with N6 at all?

You have to re-add them to make them work again. Use 3.0, it’s the most stable, according to Avid.

If 3.0 is te most stable, then WHY on earth is there a 3.1.2 and 3.1.3?!!? BTW, can you confirm for me it the MC Control screen is supposed to update to match the Nuendo screen?

Yes, it works in 3.0 and Mac

Avid support for the Artist series is the worst ever known for a human being.

Not sure how to do that. When I removed them in 3.1.3, NOTHING showed up in any list to restore the connection. Also, it opened showing a HUI screen, which I’d never seen before. So, I have no way of knowing if i actually saw Nuendo at all.

This single program has caused more catostrophic crashes of my PC than I’ve ever had in all my years of owning computers!!! I thought it was just because AVID was re-working to be all things to Pro Tools users and the rest of us could switch DAWs or take a hike. But i"m seeing as many complaints fro PT users as well on the Avid Site and over at Gearsltuz. People over there have been complaining about crashes, lost features and other kinds of messed up work-flows from 3.X since Jan. 2013!!! THAT’S insane!!

So, I’m re-installing 3.0 and I’ll see what comes up this time. But I’m, frankly, scared to death of what it will do to my PC. So if there are any other steps that I need to know, please tell me now what they are about exactly how to remove and re-install the connection between the Eucon surface and N6.

Also, still waiting on a response from anybody about the tracks screen. WILL IT UPDATE when the controller is working properly?

Yes, it works in 3.0 and Mac

Your answer: it works good enough in 3.0 and Mac.

Just re-started the PC to activate Ver. 3.0. When I checked Eucontrol, here’s what I found.

So, HOW do I re-instate the MC now?

Posible fixes:

1. Check the DNS of every device.
  2. Check the network
  3. Ping the devices.
  4. Uninstall and clean everything.
  5. Reinstall

Okay, the reconnect issue is solved. N6 re-initializes upon start up. But I’ must still be doing something wrong at the shut down stage because it’s still crashing on exit.
Eucontrol Crash on Exit.jpg
Just before I closed out my test session, (1) I removed the MC Control from the Surface page in Eucon.

(2)then, I turned the MC off.
(3) then I turned Nuendo off.
(4) then the crash “Nuendo 6 has stopped working” message showed up.

Fredo says this crash on exit is a harmless bug. But, based on all of the other bigger crashes that are directly related to EUCON, I’m starting to wonder if those “harmless” are, in fact, more like “mini strokes.”

In any case, what’s your CORRECT shut down procedure that avoids the “Nuendo Exit Crash?”

Don’t do the step 2. If you switch off the soft or the mc devices it will crash

???
The whole point is to be able to turn the gear off.

I tried turning N6 off 1st, while the MC was disconnected but still on and it crashed. I turned the MC off 1st, after disconnecting it from N6 on the second test and it crashed. Now’ you’re saying don’t turn either one off because it will crash (or maybe I don’t understand which software you’re referring to)?

So how are you supposed to shut down for the day (which, to me means to turn everything off) without crashing, if you can’t turn anything off? :question:

1. Remove the devices
  2. Quit Nuendo
  3. Whatever you want
  1. I removed the device.
  2. I shut down Nuendo.
  3. It crashed on exit
  4. I turned off the MC.

Try this:

1. Backup your settings
  2. Delete them
  3. Open Nuendo
  4. Close Nuendo

If it does crash, it’s not EuCon related.

If everything is fine, recover your settings and try to remove the EuCon adaptor inside Nuendo and see if it crashes. If it does, it’s not EuCon related.

Everytime I’ve completely uninstalled every trace of Eucon, Nuendo opens and closes just fine.

I will say this much for your work around. Even with the “exit crashes,” at least it appears to be applying stability to the N6/MC connection. Each time I launch N6, it re-initializes Eucon. So, when I turn it on now it actually comes on and CONNECTS TO N6, so I can actually use it!

That has NOT been the case prior to this. I think those “exit crashes” were corupting the system, which kept requiring complete uninstalls and reinstalls to rebuild the connection. This seems to avoid that problem at least.

If you don’t have any other EuCon software to know if everything is ok with it, it’s time to contact your local Nuendo support. Furthermore, Cubase 7.5.x has fixed this issue, so probably it will be fixed in the next version of Nuendo

No Eucon here but still crashing on exit.
My empty template ( large over 3 computers ) generally does not crash, but as soon as I start working ( always with video ) Boom !