Suitable Drum VSTi Player (help?)

Yes, they you have a very good selection of expansion packs on offer for many genres of music. Dongles are a pain in the butt. I am on my 3rd one for my Steinberg eLicensor !

I am happy to wait til at least the end of the summer. By then I should be quite fluent with GA3 if I continue as I am doing. But if I don’t go with GA4 it will most like be EZ I can be almost certain.

Wow, 3 dongles for Cubase is a big deal as they do not give out the keys very easy from what I understand. Well you have a plan it sounds like and it sound very logical to me. I would think Steiny should post an update on the anticipated GA4 rollout date here pretty soon. Otherwise they stand to lose sales to people such as yourself who are in the market now for a new drum VST package. There is a lot of competition out there in the marketplace for such things.

Did you get a chance to look over my emails on what I sent you last night?

Thanks,
LB

I am not sure how long GA4 has been in the making but as you know, GA3 was released 7 x years ago and that’s quite some gap. I bet they have lost customers along the way from around the 2011 period when these monster GB VST drum packages started emerging. If there was no word of GA4 being released this year then I would be buying EZ for quite sure.

I am not at home at the moment (on my sisters PC) so I will be having another play on GA3 later tonight, cheers.

(Things are very hot in the White House right now over the next hour concerning the Middle East crisis !). :astonished:

I went through this thread and don’t believe you haven’t checked out Fxpansion’s BFD 3! If you are still checking out demos… check out BFD 3, see here:

FXpansion - BFD3.

Personally, I feel this is the ‘king’ of drum VSTs (and I have tried most of the one’s discussed previously in this thread).

Enjoy.

Welcome Bluzkat,

Looks interesting and sounds good to me, though BFD3 is the most expensive of what we have talked about here. I guess that is relative though as it appears it comes with a huge sample library of around 160 GB. I know with Superior I have more in it than that with expansion packs and still do not come up to that total.

LB

Thanks very much indeed Bluzkat. I will certainly take a look…

Another thing you may want to check out in your search for drum VSTs are the midi files available through Groove Monkee. They have a wide variety of styles available and these are available formatted for the different drum programs. These are great for building up songs, especially if you aren’t a drummer. :mrgreen:

See here: http://www.groovemonkee.com/.

Thanks man.

So all you do is purchase the Midi Loop Pack (for whatever genre you wish) and then use it to trigger (the samples in) which ever Drum VSTi you own (as long as the make is in the accepted Format list on the Monkee website)? You don’t get any SAMPLES, just the Midi data. Is that basically correct please?

I see it works with EZD2 but I wondered if it might work with GA4 (when it is released)?

Formats: Ableton, Addictive Drums, Abbey Road, BFD, Eco, EZdrummer, GM, Superior 2, Session Drummer, Steven Slate, Studio Drummer and many more!

Ta,

Paul

Correct, they are just MIDI, no samples. Not sure about GA4.

A guy on You Tube made me a quick demo of individual drum samples of EZD2 :-

I know I’m coming in on this thread a bit late but…Jamstix is awesome…it’s just like having a real drummer in your studio, you can tell it to recompose a fill or a verse…it’s infinitely adjustable and the support from Ralph is 2nd to none…bit of a learning curve though as someone else mentioned…but worth it…

Kevin

Hi Kev,

Thanks a lot mate. Really appreciate you chipping in.

Best,

Paul

I have, and have used several popular drum VSTi’s…many already mentioned. My favorite is Toontrack EZDrummer & Superior Drummer, so many midi drum files to choose from, so many kits to choose from. It just makes sense to me, and is easy to use.

Others are good too though.

the difference with Jamstix is you do not need to look around for any midi drum files if you don’t want to…just select a song style and it’ll play and put fills where they are supposed to be…if you don’t like the fills you can tell it to recompose as a different drummer or whatever…it will even play another drum vst such as EZ so you can just use the Jamstix brain and the EZ drums (which sound great)…

SYNC,

Thanks very much indeed for the extra info ! So all the Midi-Files you chose from are included?

Paul

Ta Shadow,

Gee, that’s very clever and convenient !

Paul

Hi Bluzat,

It says now (since Sept last) that they offer support etc with GA4 :-

However, having tried the GA4 TRAIL and also watched many You Tube videos on it, I still do find GA4 quite confusing and off-putting (sadly, as I really wanted to keep everything under one roof [HALion/Steinberg]).

I have watched tons of EZ2 DRUMMER demo’s now and I can’t really see anything inferior nor hear/see any negative remarks about it!

EZ2 has many Expansion Kits up and running and so far GA4 has very little other than Rock genres (which is not really my bag).

The GrooveMonkey still looks ok but I will need to research it again a bit more since our last discussion. But I don’t think I would buy it and then use it with GA4. I would blow out GA4 and go for something else. Possible even JamStix (as per ShadowFax).

Superior Drummer (although LBro has kindly given me lots of helpful info) is too much for my needs. Its a real big boys toy!

So I think its between JamStix and EZ2 to be honest folks.

Best,

Paul

Jamstix is the best way to go, you can turn it on and it will just play a whole song, you don’t have to search through midi files to create a drum track…it’s a little bit confusing on first go but it’s worth spending time with to figure it out…download the trial and give it a go…don’t cost nuthin :slight_smile:

Thanks ShadowFax,

I took another good look and have decided to go with EZ2 Drummer. I really do appreciate, as always, your time and advice mate.

Best,

Paul

Hi,

ToonTracks has a 40% SALE on at the moment for anyone interested!:

Cheers,

paul