30th Anniversary, anything for loyal customers?

Well, it is an offer to me. I’m on 6.5 baby!

The bottom line is, they don’t have to offer anyone squat. If you can’t comprehend that, in the immortal words of Will Ferrell, "its your own damn vault "

…and Woodcrest also doesn’t understand the main problem here.

The problem is that the BEST customers of Steinberg get NOTHING, while customers who are not as good, get a good offer.

Thats like Steinberg saying: “we got your money, now we are not interested in you anymore”. While at the same time handing out goodies to those who have nothing.

If there was no offer at all, there would not be any discussion.

hahahahahahahahahah genius :smiley:

right! this is the message I’ve got… and I’m not the only one here…
who is the marketing genius in steimberg now?

I bet whoever had this idea likes to drink Cafe Latte and has no idea about neither music nor software.

We should not let companies (and capitalist ideology in general) walk over us, but rather stand up and call a foul a foul, whenever it happens. This is not about “entitlement” (which is a nonexistant, wrong concept anyway - but I can see how this word is used to vilify proper arguments), it’s about fairness and proper treatment of customers.

Its really sad seeing how so many people have internalized the capitalist “you’re not entitled” brainwashing that they don’t even question insulting acts from companies anymore.

Neither has any grasp, what so ever, about the differences of good and bad business practices. And has, most likely, never heard the words “customer relations” and “customer satisfaction”. One must wonder what this person’s qualifications, if any, are? :wink:

Well, “qualifications” and “marketing”… :smiley:

'Marketing’s budget is probably a lot bigger than 'post sales’s!

Which is the root cause of many, many problems, yes.

There should be a punishment tax on marketing activities, but sadly I’m not a politician.

Which is a product of the whole non-holistic budget-by-division thinking that cannot fully determine opportunity costs.

Yes - and companies don’t realize we are only annoyed (and have to actively take self defense measures, like spam blockers or AdBlock Plus!) against their carnival barkers.

Do you remember this guy who did the Cubase 7 marketing video? The one who was like “omg, the new mixer… SO USEFUL!!”?

I was really angry after I saw this video for the first time because I resent people talking like this in real life so much, I actually take care not to have this kind of talking anywhere near me. And then Steinberg throws it at me when I want to inform myself about a new version of their product.

Well, I’m not insulted. And the reality for me is, I could care less. In my opinion, there are far more important things to be vocal about then an offer by a software company which the software itself is a luxury to own.

Do you really think Steinberg is walking all over you?

I realize that my attitude on this topic may not be ideal for what you guys believe in, but you should really curb your assumptions of how they run their business and what you think they mean by how they conduct business. You really dont know.

Your feelings are completely valid when you speak of yourself. Speaking on behalf of steinberg the way you guys are doing it in this thread puts a fork in my eye, probably their’s too… I can only imagine what the Steinberg representatives that may be reading this thread think. I doubt, do to the regard you guys are expressing to them,will bring anything your way.

To me, the conduct here is immature. That is my opinion and I don’t think you guys are bad dudes. I actually enjoy reading your posts and listening to your work.

Yes. You are right. We should never bignote ourselves so much that we think we should be allowed to express what we think to SB.

After all, they have been so gracious in deeming us worthy to use their products that we should be forever grateful and absolutely subservient to their needs forever and for always.

NOT!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I never said that. Reread my last post.

You must be just as bored as us if you come here to tell us off about our idle speculation! :wink:

However, I would rather welcome SB setting us straight! :bulb:

The problem is that Steinberg has claimed that it’s a celebration! I suggest that, on your next birthday, you invite all new people to a party and deny all your old friends attendance. Then see how many friends, if any, you will have left.

Do you think the jabbing “idle speculation” in this thread is forthcoming to future benefits?

What would you like to see as your reward for being a loyal customer on their 30th anniversary?

Acknowledgement and recognition! You know, something like:

On this our 30th anniversary, we would like to extend a hearty thanks to all our customers who have chosen to stay with us, supported us by keeping up with the latest versions, weathered design changes, and the bugs, and helped us improve Cubase so that it is the most full-featured DAW on the market today. Again, thank you.

Right. That would be something.

But not a “hahaha, look… those who upgrade to the full version now get 30% and you get nothing! Hahahahaha!”

Well… a free kit for GA One or something would be great, too. :wink: Or that simple VST sampler Cubase lacks anyway since it’s inception…

It would have been cool if Steinberg’s 30 percent off would have been a coupon for anything in the Steinberg store. Let the user choose because we all have different wants. Heck, they could convert people from other daws and they could grow the Steinberg family. Would be one helluva birthday party! :mrgreen: