7.5.20 Impressions...

I have to say that .20 is finally the best DAW i have ever used. I left cubase in the sx3 days hating it to. I have or have had every major DAW out there that i can think of and still own most of them

But my setup now is rock solid and amazing

i run cubase with an apogee symphony with thunderbolt and i can run most sessions and overdubs at 32 buffers with plugs etc, however for me i am fine at 128. the apogee sounds fantastic and with thunderbolt connectivity with the thunderbridge is rock solid, i mean rock solid!

i have a suite of avid artist series controllers running eucon and while there are sometimes some issues with eucon and the controllers they run fantastic with cubase and i love them

cubase itself is solid and while i am probably not as heavy a user as some i get a good 40 tracks with plugs on all, and put things like kramer tape and ozone 5 on the master and i can work with vari audio really well now, and the included new mixer is great and on and on and on

all my third party vsti’s and plugs work perfectly

waves
IK
voxengo
EZ drummer 2 and SD2
RMX
Omnisphere
NI

i mean, its just working damn well. there is probably to much content! the included plugs and VSTi’s are very good as well.

i think for me the only complaint i have is the new mixer window is almost to much, i know you can edit it down but i love the CONOSOLE look of PT and when i build it in cubase and save it that way its still to “large”? and alot of scrolling. but thats just me and a small complaint

anyway, thats where i am at with it