7.5.20 Impressions...

OMG, i have had so many issues this year… I use Cubase extensively, 12 hours a day, for film music work. Haven’t had the time to do proper issue reports, but i’ve noted every bug and despair i’ve encountered and will report issues properly with dump files and so on before going on holidays, that’s for sure.

On my system (win 7 x64), i can sometimes freeze Cubase only by selecting multiple events (audio, midi) with the shift key (this is a very annoying bug), tracks are still muted when you have unmuted them (i know you know), solo/mute then gets messed up and if you’re not bloody concentrated you can lose a lot of work, same with sends which are bypassed when you didn’t bypassed them (send are visually enabled), or not bypassed when you asked for it, not talking about the show/hide tracks with data between the locators which is messed up sometimes (i’ve recorded this in a video), or when sometimes audio stops playing for 10 seconds (??), or when you hit playback and then you cannot put the locator anywhere until you stop playback and start again…

This is without mentioning a few absurd things like the lack of proper markers that could go all the way down to the screen and forces you to use the so-so working dual timeline thingy which makes me crazy : you always got something selected in BOTH of these separated timeline and when you color something up, it will color something down, when you delete something up, it will delete something down and sometimes you realize this only 20 minutes later and you’re screwed…

Exemple of this nightmare : when you bounce a file, you’ll want to move the file up to another audio track and delete the newly stupidly created track. This last one is still selected. If you, for whatever reason, i.e clicked on a marker to define the bouncing range, your marker track will still be selected in the upper timeline. WHICH MEANS YOU’LL ALWAYS DELETE IT TOO

I never had so much problems than with this last version.