Has anyone tried N6.5 with a MC Control yet?

As I said, it’s better to try it in your system.

Well, I just did. The only change that I’ve noticed is that now my MC Client window won’t open. :astonished: So removing the MC from the surfaces window, as the exit crash work-around, is now not an option. BTW, it didn’t work for me anyway. But it seemed to insure that the MC would fire up consistently each morning with N6. So, I used it anyway. But, as I said, now it’s currently not an option.

The good news there is that the exit crashes don’t seem to be effecting the MC’s ability to re-connect on start-up with N6 or N6.5. The bad news is that now I can’t program anything in the MC because I can’t access the menus!!
I rolled back to Eucon 3.0 since you mentioned that you found it the most stable. Should I roll forward to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 for N6.5? :question:

I got the MC Client back on the re-boot. So it’s working okay now. At least as far as everything talking to each other is concerned.

I’m having to rewrite a lot of KC’s though. Can anyone confirm that the standard Ctrl+V which is supposed to be paste acts like select all in N6.5? That’s wierd as hell! :open_mouth: I checked my X-tra keys and it’s got the command Ctrl+V, used Ctrl+V directly from the keyboard and got the same result. It will not paste! Instead, it selects all! Copy and repeat works, copy and duplicate works, but not copy and paste.

All working here… MC Mix/Control and Ctrl+C Ctrl+V. No problems

There is no new Eucon Adapter that comes with 6.5.

That would be strange. The N6.5 on Mac does a new Eucon installation. It’s EuCon 6.5.2.19 now. In 6.0.7 it was 6.5.1.5.

Oswald

Where did you find that? I just went to the site, Steinberg EuCon Adapter Updates and Downloads | Steinberg , and there’s no mention of EuCon 6.5.2.19. Unbelievably, there is NO SEARCH WINDOW on the SB to try to find it. Could you please point me in the right direction for this?

Checking Eucon in Nuendo 6.5, it says Version 6.5.1.5 built on Feb 22 2013. So it did not update. I am on PC.

Where are you looking? The latest version I see is Steinberg EuCon Adapter 6.1.0.190 · 32-Bit · 1 MB and
Steinberg EuCon Adapter 6.1.0.190 · 64-Bit · 1 MB on the SB download page. :question:

Tino Degen already explained that the Eucon adapter is now part of the Nuendo 6.5 installation.
And why there is no separate adaptor anymore.
And what you need to do if you forgot to update the adapter.
See Tino’s comment in this thread: Will the MC even work with N6.5? - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums

Fredo

So then, since I just did a complete factory upgrade install, I’m already running the latest Eucon Adaptor? That’s not great news then since NOTHING THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED WAS ACTUALLY FIXED. I’ve still got all of the same problems with my MC that I had on day one and the irratic behavior of 6.5 has made me just stick with 6.0.

Worked the whole weekend. No problems with erratic behavior here…

PC or Mac?

His signature says Windows 8, so …

Fredo

I have not had a single crash on exit since installing 6.5. Nor any key command issues.

Chewy

Then I would sure like to know what’s going on with mine. I’m certainly not making this stuff up. I would much rather be working that trouble shooting this kind of crap.

This key command thing is really puzzling. I open the project and use a KC from my X-tra keys module I get a “blank.” I do the very same command with the QWERTY keyboard and it works. Then I go back try it again with the ONE BUTTON TOUCH version of the same command and now it works, WTH? :question: :question: :question:

Okay, I’ve sorted out the KC glitch. Some KC’s were missing in the X-tra keys. Others had been overwritten. So I’m guessing there was some kind of fragments screwing things up. In any case, I cleared the slots out, re-wrote the commands and they seem to be working consitantly now in 6.5.

Now about the knob calibration…
Nuendo Channel EQ reads as follows:
Hi = 12K
HM = 2K
LM = 800
Lo = 100

The MC readings for the same Channel EQ:
Hi = 12028K
HM = 2010.5K
LM = 804.6
Lo = 100.6

You guys don’t have this discrepancy on your MC Controls?

Finally, Since the one PC guy who isn’t having problems with his Artist Series gear is running Win.8, is SB suggesting that we now change our O.S from 7 to 8 as the fix?

I know you are frustrated, and I feel your pain, but I really, really think that you’ll have to look for a problem in your system, instead of firing all your ammo towards Steinberg.
There are many Win7 users who have a perfectly working system with 6.5.
There is one person in this thread, I can confirm the crash on exit fix on my system, and I can confirm that the problem has been solved for all of the betatesters, who confirmed the fix.

So please calm down, relax, take a deep breath and start the troubleshooting process again.
Or call support.

Fredo

I don’t know what you mean by “firing ammo towards Steinberg.” I’m just looking for a fix to the problem(s). So far, I’ve only heard from 1 PC person and 2 Mac People who have stated that they weren’t having the crash on exit problem. You’re on a Nuage System. So I definitely wouldn’t expect you to have the problem. 3 replies is hardly a definitive fix.

I am perfectly willing to accept that there may be some other problem with my PC. But, so far, nobody at ADK has been able to track down what that might be. If anyone here has any suggestions as to where else I might look, I’ll be happy to look there. As for the calibration issues, I’ve only gotten one response from anybody here saying that they hadn’t noticed a difference. But other people on the Avid site have and they’ve made suggestions regarding calibrations for other DAWs to correct this. I would like very much to get this type of information from people who use the same DAW as I am.

Yes, I’m very frustrated. but my problem isn’t so much with SB as it is with Avid. Nuendo has been a great platform for me since N1.0. All of this BS started when I added this MC to my rigg. I’m betting that if Euphonix still owned/managed this product line, none of this would be happening. But since Avid took over, this is exactly what I was expecting and hoping to avoid. Since I can’t get ANY help over at the Avid site (now that it’s All PT users), I’m looking here. I’m not yelling at anybody, blaming anybody or angy with anybody. I just want to fix these remaining issues so I can get back to work instead of feeling like I’m constantly working around all of these issues.

I can only repeat that

A. The “crash on exit” fix has passed through Steinberg QA
B. The Fix has been confirmed by the betatest team.
C. Users are confirming the fix.

So therefore I think that your “Is SB suggesting to switch OS?” is not fair.

For the record, we run 4 studio’s of which only one is equiped with a Nuage System.
We do use the Artist series in the other rooms.

And lastly, I know the guys at ADK pretty well, in fact all of our machines (a bunch) come from ADK.
So I know very well that they know their business better than anyone else.
I would check two things.

• Are all (Avid & Steinberg) Eucon adapters updated correctly? Check versions.
  • Is your network configuration functioning correctly?

I can’t really help you with the network problem, we run a Bussiness domein server, so everything is configured by a specialized company. What I do know is that our Artist series units (Mix & Control) are traveling from one studio to the other without problems. We just plug them into our network and there we go. The only “problem” we have is that a certain studio claims a unit before the concerned studio can do it. So we have to realease the drive first in another studio before we can connect to the correct one. We had the crash on exit until the latest Steinberg driver.

Sorry I can’t offer more help.

Fredo

Are you using 3.1.3?