Velocity Trigger CC

Hey,
I don’t know if this is possible, but I want the velocity of an incoming note to also trigger CC7 with the same value. In other words if the note is played with a velocity of 67 I want CC7 to also read 67 at that point. Is this possible. I’ve experimented with input transformer but it always hijacks the note and filters it out if I transform it to CC7. I still want the the note and its velocity to be recorded, I just also want to trigger CC7 also with the same number as the velocity.

thanks!
Matt

Not sure as I can’t currently try it, but couldn’t you record the not and the transformered cc data to separate midi tracks and then merge them?

Hi Fantasiom

Another Possibility is to set up 2 midi tracks, record the same on both but only have the transformer on one of them, then merge them or ,do whatever:-) Would that work for you?

Best Regards

Dave

couldn’t you record the note and the transformered cc data to separate midi tracks and then merge them?

Another Possibility is to set up 2 midi tracks, record the same on both but only have the transformer on one of them, then merge them

Not sure wording it slightly differently makes it “another” possibility when it’s the exact same suggestion :confused:

Yes, unfortunately the Input transformer can only “Transform”… it does not have the “Insert” function… unlike the Transformer Insert FX. The only drawback with that, is that the inserted CC# value doesn’t get recorded… it is a playback function. You’d have to then “Merge MIDI in Loop”, including the MIDI Insert FX.

But Grim’s (and/or DaveAbbott’s) solution is just as good :wink:.

Hi all

Yup , sorry Grim, didn’t read your post but you did suggest the same thing,before me:-)

Best Regards

Dave

thanks for the suggestions! looks like setting up two midi tracks will work, when you say merge, do you mean just manually moving the regions after they are recorded to a single track, or just assigning them to the same midi output?

I meant, use the function in the MIDI Menu “Merge MIDI in Loop” :wink:. But of course, you only need to do that if you want that CC# actually recorded in the MIDI Part… it will still get transmitted (as a Play parameter) so long as the Transformer Insert FX is active.