Groove Agent 4 announcement

Damn, I guess I can’t use GA4 … I have no ratty beard and/or metro haircut.

Can’t wait to see the indepth stuff…
Thx for the vids Steinaha! :stuck_out_tongue:

Groove Agent 4 VIDEOS

:nerd:

So

The 2 options are:
GA3 Update or Full Version. ???

I don’t want the GA3 update - I don’t have GA3

I have Cubase 7.5 and I’m using the GA SE4 version that comes as part of the program.

Is there a version that updates GA-SE4?

or - as Cubase 7.5 user - do I need to own ‘The Full Version’ ?

And if I do need the full version - when will it be available - and can I not just buy a down-loadable version?

Or - to put it another way:

As A Cubase 7.5 user - which version do I need?

Groove Agent 4 has no direct connection to the Groove Agent SE that is part of Cubase. As a Cubase 7.5 user with no previous Groove Agent 3 available, it will be the full version you need.
That one comes on August 20th as mentioned in the announcement.

Thanks for the notice !

Wow, only 82 quid to upgrade from GA3. That’s mega cheap Excellent news !! :mrgreen:

Ta,

Paul

How much will the full version be?

Hi Dave,

the full version will be available for 179 EUR (179 USD).

So cheap for what you get !

I will definitely be upgrading from GA3 to GA4 in the next week :mrgreen:

So no upgrade or discount price for Cubase 7 users who who have Groove Agent 4 SE ?
How lame. :smiling_imp:

There is also no upgrade from HALion Sonic SE 2 and there was no upgrade from Groove Agent One and HALion One to their “parent” applications. So it has always been like that and I can only ask for not another dicussion on the available upgrade paths or lack thereof.

Re.;Groove agent 4…
What are you guys and gals up to
nobody with a protools /cubase setup like me has updated to the MAC OS 10,8…
its a pile of rubbish and very unstable …only suited to IOS users (Iphones and housewives games)
I already updated to 10.7 which was a massive hassle as I lost all my PPC plugins n stuff (and to upgrade to cubase 7)
So whats this 10.8 spec on Macs…?
Oh …I know the answer…its typical Steinberg ineptitude…like only putting a colour code for entire tracks for a 600+ €
package until version 7
I will not be buying Groove agent 4…
how exactly do you make any money…?

Love the conga options! First time I have seen fingering options, palm and mute… should be fun, but so far not come across velocity multi sample per piece, and round robin settings. How many velocities and robins for a finger tap, for ex.

This is critical info if I’m buying into an additional drum program. You fill in these sort of blanks and it will be worth it!

Oh yeah… gotta mess the hair up, too clean for that type of beard. Looks hipsterish. :laughing:

Can someone assure me that Drag&Drop funtionality fully works in other DAWs besides Cubase ?
If that’s the case, i will draw my wallet right away. :smiley:

Any upgrade offers for owners of GA2… Who could not buy GA3 because it was unavailable? :blush:

I like the price, very cheap compared to how much you get :slight_smile:

Seems that’s way !!

Matthias,

Will I be able to load Drum kits, that I created in GA3, into GA4?

Thanks
,Joey

Can you create some jazz patterns? perhaps an expansion pack? I installed it today and there are a lot of empty styles and substyles. Maybe I installed it wrong but when I click “all agents” , “all instrument sets” I get 243 programs and 50 multi-programs. zero traditional jazz or latin jazz.

Do you think its my installation or did you not include the jazz styles? GA3 worked pretty well for practicing and banging out a basic 32 bar jazz tune.

Please advise,

Hi Joey,

Groove Agent 4 cannot load any kits from GA3. We have created the library for GA4 from scratch with new technologies and brought the sounds on a totally new level compared to GA3. But the consequence is that GA4 is not compatible to the kits in GA3.

Hi Scojo,

Thanks for your feedback! We are already planning the first expansion packs. There will be more drum kits and also style expansion packs for Groove Agent. And Jazz is definitely on our list.