Groove Agent 4 announcement

One thought I had (since I do not want to be without GA3) is to install GA3, then upgrade it to GA4. Then go back and install GA3 to a different location in hopes of having both GA3 and GA4 installed on the same machine. Matthias, do you know if what I describe will work?

Thanks,
LB

Hi LB,

GA3 will still be available after you install GA4. You can use both on the same machine. No problem.

Excellent! Thanks so much for the comeback!

LB

Hi Gerard,
Mac OS X Version 10.8 / 10.9 and Windows 7 / Windows 8.x are the supported operating systems. That means that our quality assurance team has tested Groove Agent on this systems as a stand alone application and in many different DAWs. It doesn’t mean that it won’t install on a 10.7 system, but we haven’t tested it and hence don’t support it officially. Somewhere we have to draw a line to keep the efforts for QA reasonable. That is way we are always testing and officially supporting the last two versions of Mac OS and Windows. In this case Mac OS X 10.8. and 10.9 and Windows 7 and 8.x.

There will be trial version of Groove Agent 4 later this year. Just give it a try and make up your mind.

Please Matthias, you must add some Nashville/Country styles and kits/beats/patterns to that list. You guys have friends in Nashville running Nuendo/Cubase at some great studios. If commissioned, they would surely love to help out, capturing some performances/sounds from some fantastic pro players out there… what do you think…?

Like the Jazz styles already mentioned, I’m convinced there’s a sizeable market for (modern/trad) ‘Country music’, throughout Europe and the UK for example. As well as more of the USA itself maybe…! :wink:

Thanks for listening,
Bob

Same here.

Awesome, thats the main one i want !!

Thanks Matthias

GA-SE4 is a great tool already - so I’m looking forward to getting the full version of GA4 as soon as it’s available.

Could you clarify if my own custom SE4 kits will work in the full version of GA4?

Will the full version be available in the steinberg shop as a download product, or as a box product only?

Hi Dave,

all the kits you have created in the SE version will also work in the full version.

Hi,

Groove Agent will be available both as a download and as a boxed version.

Hi Matthias,

I was overzealous and purchased GA 4 upgrade w/ out GA 3. (Not sure how I confused Groove Agent ONE w/ Groove Agent 3) Can I split the difference when the full version is released? Or get a refund so I can purchase the full version? Very excited about the product!

Hi Mattias,

Will there be a BOXED version of the UPGRADE version also ?

Ta,

Paul

Matthias

Will there be a Grace Period update when the full release is announced? I have only just activated GA3 and I am hoping I will benefit from a Grace Period update.

Thanks

Shoot, I could not upgrade to GA3 for years, because it was not for sale… Now I must wait about a month to put my hands on GA4. As an early owner of Groove Agent 1 (The Original) and Groove Agent 2 something seems wrong here… Won’t mind paying a little more for the a GA4 upgrade from GA2… But life is too short to have to wait about a month unnecessarily…
Yes and I did download the manual… Looks Great…

Is GA4 compatible with Logic pro X? (is it a 64 bits plugin?)

It’s compatible with AU hosts, so yes, it’s compatible with Logic: Groove Agent: VST Drum Plug-In | Steinberg

It’s not mentioned but I’m sure it will run in any 64 bit VST and AU host (Cubase has been 64 bit on both Windows and Mac OS for quite a while now).

The problem with these updates is, SOMEONE thinks they are upgrading the sounds and the original samples are gone… There are always like 1 or 2 sounds I like, and then they update and those samples are gone. Groove Agent 2 was cool, Groove Agent 3 discontinued the few sounds I loved there, now Groove Agent 4 will probably do away with the couple sounds I like there… I don’t understand the thought process of “Loosing sounds”… ESPECIALLY when you have to open an archive to find it un-playable…

Hi Paul,

the upgrade is only available for download.

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately there is no grace period update for Groove Agent 4 since Groove Agent 3 was discontinued over 18 month ago.